SF bay area exhaust shop recommendation needed

trackboss

I need to have my bassani x-pipe (for shorties) shortened to hook up to my long tube headers. I also need to have a simple hanger made as well as a couple of turndowns to allow the use of open exhaust. Most all exhaust shops I have called are not very helpful and my experience with muffler shops is that they do less than perfect work. All I need is some simple work done, but it must be clean and done while I wait.

I'm going to call sanderson tommorrow to see if they can do this, but does anyone have a good muffler shop around here that they would recommend?

There is a shop in Napa that does great work. I think the name was "Dave's Muffler shop". If that doesn't work call Griggs racing and ask John what the name of the muffler shop in Napa is that he uses.

Good Luck

Craig's Muffler on El Camino in Santa Clara, between Bowers and Lawrence, near the Bakers Square restaraunt. Mike does good work, he's a favorite of our Bay Area F-body club.

PaulC

88 RX-7 PS-1

99 Trans Am

50/50 Muffler in Belmont is one of the best shops for custom work that I have seen. They've done work on my old 65 Mustang (cut-outs) and a custom dual system on a friend's 92 Dodge Dakota. Good rates too. Ask for Eric.

John

I picked up my car today from Dave's mufflers in Sonoma and have to say I'm glad I took it to him. Yeah, I had to leave it for a couple days, but it was worth it. His work went well above my expectations of perfect and I can get real picky. In the past I've had other work done at both Johnny Franklins locations, exhaust outlets, and pacifica muffler. The work those places turn out cannot even compare. If you want top quality work I highly recommend him. As usual, you get what you pay for.