Tony G, I need a car

MPACT RACER

Tony, it's Dale, the guy you bought that lousy white camaro from a few years ago. I saw on the board, that you can get mustangs for $2500 and up, something like that. I am planning on building a car soon. I need some info please. You can either e-mail me or write back on the board.

Thanks

Buy one of Richard's Camaros!! Besides the funny feeling Recirculating Ball steering and somewhat less reliable 305 engine the Camaro is by far the superior car.

They are much more stable and predictable for both the beginner driver but don't limit the hot shoe driver either.

They are also easier on brakes and tires, Because of better suspension geometry, anti dive, weight disturbution.

If you can drive like Jeff Trask and want a white knuckle ride buy a Ford.

Chris, you sound very bitter. Maybe you should actually show up at the track. Driving a car. I'd like you to read a story:

My middle son, Jonathan (11), has just started to play basketball. He had a great game yesterday and scored 2 baskets. I was very proud. He told me after the game that he felt great out on the court and he thought that his game was really coming together. My response to him was, "That's great, but wouldn't you get even better if you actually practiced." You see, Jonathan has natural ability, but he won't practice. He had a tough time argueing that logic and in the end he agreed with me that he needed to practice. I was proud to see that, last night, after his homework was done, he was in the backyard with the basketball practicing. He will be a better player and I predict that he will score many a basket in the future.

The lesson here is that you need to stop talking about your cars weaknesses and start working on you're strengths. The Mustang is a tough car to drive fast. Frankly, so is a Camaro. I remember a time when we could not beat Ben Pfaff. He was at the top of his game. He drove every chance he got. Lately, he's been working harder and learning to fly. He spent very little time at the track last year. The guys that are doing well in this series (Bomarito, Steel, Cambell, Righetti, etc..) drive as much as they can. They have talent, but if they didn't practice and race they'd never get better.

Make me proud. Show up. Practice. Race. You might find out that you can tame the savage beast that is a Mustang. You will become a better driver for it. Heck, if all we had to learn on was a Camaro, we'd never know what good drivers we could be!

I have driven both. I had a mustang and a camaro. I had the mustang for 4 years, and only had the camaro for a year. Whatever makes me more competitive. I like both cars

The driver makes the car. If you are a good driver you can drive anything fast. I wonder if Jeff can remember this. A few years back, maybe like 5 or 6 years ago, I was at ButtonWillow watching CMC in it's infancy. I was just out of High School and wanted to get into racing. Anyway, I saw Jeff Trask driving a Yellow camaro, and he drove it like he had raced one for years. He wins because he is a great driver, not because of his car. So basically I am saying find me anything for a good price, and I will think about it

Like Chris said...buy one of my cars...it'll save you money and be faster than anything you build. Seriously, whether you buy one of my cars or someone elses, a proven, well built car is the way to go. You can buy a donor car for $2500 and then spend between $3,000 and $6,000 on it plus your labor. Just ask anyone who has done this. If you enjoy the mechanic aspect of the build up and aren't in a hurry to race and you know what you're doing, this is the way to go. If you want to go racing this year with a competitive car, buy one of the half dozen great CMC cars out there...of course, mine are the bestest of all....have fun in CMC...Richard Pryor

Jeff is right here you guys,just go out and practice a little more ,and you will find that there is a point when you finally get it...Jeff taught me that one day at Thunderhill when we were testing on a friday(remember that day Jeff).The next day I won my first race!

Chris...what is wrong here,there is NO superior car in CMC,just drivers.

Thats what this whole series is about,equal cars,with building drivers.

Tony Guaglione