New Track Day Schedule Site. Contributors Needed

OutaFocus

For the past few months, I’ve been working on an informational website for track day participants and enthusiasts. While the site is just about complete, what we are lacking is some good content on a variety of subjects. If you look over the site at http://www.opentrackaction.com, you will see that the site is designed as sort of a “one stop shop” for schedules, information and tips for enthusiasts. It’s these sections where we need some material, so if you would like to contribute, all submissions would be greatly appreciated. The following sections need some content:

Event Reviews

If you’ve attended an event and had a good, or bad, experience, we would like to hear about it. We need good, unbiased reviews, preferably with pictures, of events by various organizations in all parts of the country.

Product Reviews

If you’ve purchased or used a product that impressed or disappointed you, we want to hear about it. We need reviews on safety equipment, parts and accessories, cool tools or any other open track related items that will increase your level of safety, improve your skills, or heighten your level of enjoyment on track, in the garage, or in the pits.

Track Day Guides.

In this section we need articles on a wide range of subjects like what to expect at your first track day event, On-track etiquette, understanding flags, proper use of safety equipment, etc. Virtually any subject that will enhance the on-track experience or improve safety would be appreciated. The sky’s the limit here.

Projects

If you are ready to begin a project, from a simple one that takes just a few minutes through an intermediate weekend long project up to a long term full car project, document it in words and pictures and we will publish it. Share your experiences with others. If you have something already written, send it in too, even if it’s already been published elsewhere.

The Gallery

If you have any pictures that would be interesting to the viewers, send them in and let us show them off.

I do not consider my site a replacement for this site. I consider it a complementary site since the main focus is to be able to find a track day in your area. And all of the NASA regional events are included.