Marketing help needed!!!

indycmc

I am trying to CMC started out here in the new Ohio/Indianapolis region - any ideas as to how to get the word out?

I am working on contacting the local Mustang and Camaro clubs.

We also printed flyers for the last NASA event out here.

I am bummed that the group is so big now and I am not racing with you guys!! Oh well, I guess that just means I need to get lots of interest out here in our series!!!

take it easy

Tim L

Indiana/Ohio CMC Director

Tim:

Maybe try appealing to the A/I contingency. It's been getting quite a lot of press lately in the Mustang magazines. Maybe by introducing CMC as a "feeder" series, you might attract some interest from those who like to go AI racing, but aren't quite ready.

As a real rookie in the series and as a racer to NASA iI applaud your decision for the CMC Goal. Try going to the Gen Discussion group @ speedtv.com..... I posted some coments there about NASA and CMC and got some mixced remarks some felt it was just a localized(CA) thing and others thought it was great someone was doing something other than BIG BROTHER (SCCA) we really need to get the word out. Hey how bout a late nite informercial... believe it or not they work .... My backgroud is in this electronic media and this can be done so much cheaper than people think .......... Just a thought!

• 1 month later...

You might try hooking up with some of the Grand-Am Cup Series drivers to see if there is any interest there. Perhaps some of them would be interested in getting involved and would also like be able to promote the series. Have you also considered getting the manufacturers interested? You're in the rust belt out there, with OH, MI and IN being BIG automootive areas.

I can help write press releases and stuff if you're interested. I'm good, I work for the pure enjoyment of it but I'm a smidge slow because I'm about to start helping Team ESSE and Per Helldin promote his team and build a website. He's the one to watch in 2003!

Racegroupie

Oh, and for promoting the series, hook up with theracesite.com. It's the BEST overall racing information website I have found in years. They capture stories on anything that goes fast and turns left.

It's run by one of the Grand-Am Cup drivers, Will Nonnamaker and it's got loads of information and data on just about every race/series/driver you can think of!!! Tell Will the Racegroupie sent ya. Will has promised to give a look at the west coast and other series.

Racegroupie

You might try for cross over initially with an AI or AIX class and run your CMC car in it with bigger tires/wheels til you get 3-4 CMC cars.

That would appeal to ITE Chebbies and Mushtangs, as well as AS cars and even the occasional T2 cars which could run CMC with you.

That should get you started next season (as simply "additional seat time or sort out time with NASA). And Richard Pryor could be the official manufacturer of "crate cars" for the series to keep himself gainfully occupied.

Merry Christmas all!

Perry