rookies

Al F.

• Members

hello all

I'm finally back in California and getting ready to hit the CMC events with Tony's Camaro. I understand there are several other rookies to the class this year? I also heard a rumor regarding said rookies going to Sears for the Feb 8th-9th hpde? I'm definitely going, but we should all pit together and learn together right?

Al Fernandez

Hey Al - 'nother CMC rookie here too - I'll be in a Camaro from Richard.

I'm SoCal based, so I won't be making the Feb. Sears event (I refuse to call it Interferon, or whatever it is now ). I do hope to make it up north for those other dates though.

And yes, tips are always appreciated - from other rooks and even vets too...

See you at the track,

Brad

Hi Al, I will be able to go if my car is ready. I'll let you know. I only have one event there on the full configuration, however, I should be able to help you out with some lead-follow. Alan Blaine, who drives a fourth gen Camaro instructs HPDEs and drives in Group 4, I would ask him to do a lead-follow with you. Tell him Jules sent ya!

Hello Al

I may go if I get the car back together in time. Sometime before the season start I need to scuff some tires and bed some brakes.

Mike

I will be there to break in the new Mustang and to help out any drivers who would like some tips on a good racing line!!

We will do lead and follows and some instruction off the track too.We should have 5-8 CMC cars showing up.

Thanks,

Tony Guaglione

• 2 weeks later...

I am bud and I have been out for a couple of days of HPDE with my car .... yes the rainbow warrior painted car.... I still need to get my novice and I know another guy named Mike that is just finishing up on a mustang. I have at least 2 sets of tires that need heat cycles and one of them is brand new unshaved proxy's that I hope to have shaved at AIM if anyone knows of another place they shave tires please let me know all this shipping is killing me. I bought a set of wheels off ebay and the shipping ended up more than the wheels and I can't even know if they are good or not. .... anyway I know i am late introducing myself because I just finished reading your plasma cutter offer .... way to go... boy wish you lived around here... I am 2 hrs so. of Laguna seca 5 or 6 from t-hill and sears pt only 1 hr to buttonwillow 3 1/2 to willow springs so I either go north or I go so bout the same except there seems to be more CMC guys up north and more AI and AIX guys south. maybe not just seems that way to me ... one mans opinion..... trying to be ready for Sears for Licensing almost ready to sign up but I need to finish a few things and take care of some personal things for my wife(Mother in law having Brain Surgery on Feb 3rd) so if she says go racing I'm there if she needs me at the other then I'm there. I just hope I don't lose 300 bucks signing up for Sears and end up staying with the other. We are making a decision on the sign up tonight or tommorow .... hope there is still room as I got that email says they are filling up and I know I wouldn't get a refund 300 bucks could go a long way towards my car but mom is 82 years young and you never know how things like this will go .... I apologize I was rambling on about my troubles and all I wanted to do was welcome you to CMC althgough I am just another newbie too! your postings make you sound like a real nice guy .... I look forward to you coming up to run some of the real world class tracks like sears.... unfortunately Laguna Seca isn't on the schedule this year.... man it is a great track in a great area....Monterey and Carmel are just down the road... That's why some of the guys get their Scca license just to run at Laguna 3 or 4 time a year.... in ITE a regional catchall class not in their rulebook but 6-10 CMC guys run it we areslower than most but man just to drive on Laguna Seca.... As you may have guessed I raced on it before I had to quit racing .......work commitments , kids.... no I am just getting back into it ... Kids raised grandkids..... more income you know the story.... anyway look forward to running with you and most of all have fun. Bud

Hi Bud, I hope everything goes well with your family and that you can be there. If I was in your position, I would go ahead and sign up. If your family needs you and you can't go just call NASA and explain. They are really good about this, I know because my Dad went in the hospital last year and made the same phone call. What they will do is keep your $ paid as a credit and when you can go next fax them a copy of the event sign up sheet and say "use credit on file."

As for the tire shaving, if you don't have a set of full treads for rain then keep these for rain and shave them yourself during the season for practice.

Hope to see you in Feb.

• Members

Bud, Bsim, Mike...hey there fellow rookies (well, sort of for you bud). And thanks for the welcome to all you veterans. I can't wait until the 8th. Its all finally coming together!!

Maybe we should tally rookie points and crown a rookie of the year at the end??

Al