windshield clips and restrictor plates

Al F.

• Members

I have access to a plasma cutter every now and then. I'm planning to run over and burn out some windshield clips and a set of restrictor plates. If anyone is interested in either, let me know. Once I have the machine set up its as easy as hitting "print" to burn out more.

The restrictors I'm making will fit GM 5.7, not sure applicability to others. If you have one to use as a template I will do that too. You can also make a template by removing your throttle body and tracing it out.

Windshield clips are fairly universal, but if you have specific requirements I'd be glad to help.

Al

AL, thats a great offer. I was just getting to that part of getting the car ready to whip GM butt in 03. If you could make me some for my soon to be fastest fox body in CMC. Let me know what I owe you.

Dave #74 Mustang

• Members

Dave...I'll let you know. If I can scrounge up some aluminum this first batch is on me. Otherwise we'll split the cost of the material.

Al

what are most of you guys going to run clips or straps... most cars I see like in ASC run 2 1in by1/8in straps like in nascar if I am wrong tell me now as I just got my new air riveter and I'm dying to have an excuse use it ... is it a choice and is there any material specfied ..... I have looked but didn't see it in the ccr's but that was a week or two ago and they didn't have 2003's out yet .... so some info for a newbie would be helpful.... then you can say you helped me when I was still raunning at the back of the pack instead of the front. (oh no there goes that Fancy paint job Ben) and I said I was gonna keep my mouth shut. No just kidding ..... it might take at least a season or two. Ha HA

since I already have the weight thing handled .....Not even close because of......eating. I was wondering even after my last post a minute ago... if the clips or straps are aluminum why do we need a plasma cutter ( though its a helluva nice offer) and since I live in the middle of the state close to almost no one "ceptin" Mike another new guy I"ll just have to make do with those old type tools .... sweat and elbow grease, that's also what made me question the material specs anyone who lives near Paso Robles can email me anytime

thanks Tony I remember thats what you said the orther night...... just one of those sienor moments..... good memory just short.... like me I not really that fat I'm just short for my weight. I be perfect .....if I were like 6'10" and by the way I have no idea why that last line keeps coming back up. Hey Al that is really nice of you....but does that mean your running a 5.7 and do we have any concensus on shocks for my 87 fbody so Tony you would say maybe 2in by 4or 5in retangle one on pass and one on drives outta 1/8 in aluminum will do ok? Right also any coments on which brake pads have turned out to be the best for 3rd gen fbody Hawk blue? CF or shucks you know that new sponser Brain Fart

Bud,

I would stick with 1' wide, not two on the clips.

I am a hawk brake dealer and have the Blues and HT-10 available for cost..around $125.

I bring 10-15 sets to the track at each event.

Tony

• Members

1" wide, 1/8" aluminum, length around 4, maybe 5". The bottom needs to be longer since usually the windshield sits on top of the sheet metal and you need to put in a Z bend. You certainly don't need a plasma cutter to do this though! I need to cut out some restrictor plates for this 5.7, and since I have access to a CNC plasma cutter...well, once the part is drawn on the computer it doesn't really matter how many pieces the machine cuts, as long as there is material.

Al

Al, great offer, yea a restritor plate would be better on a plasma cuttuter, I was watching Speed TV Arca and some of the guys had what looked like clips on the sides also.... they looked like 4 x 3 2 on each side ...looked nice and balanced what do you think?

• Members

Bud, I think if theirs are that wide it must have something to do with the windshield material they're using. I'm going to stick with something more like 1" wide.