4th or 3rd gen wheels

rdracer

will 4th gen wheels work on 3rd gen cars with 1le brakes... have asked several people no one has given it to me straight. what about it guys and ladie

You can't run 4th gen wheels up front on a third gen (so that point is moot). According to our CMC rules, you may only run 4th gen wheels on a third gen in the back if you are running a 4th gen rear axle on your third gen. It is possible to run the 4th gen wheels back there on your third gen stock axle, however, your wheels will stick out too far because of the offset. Most third gen CMCers run all front GTA wheels (GM third gen wheels) on front and back. That will give you a little wider stance in the back and is legal. also allows you to rotate your wheels front to back. You can run the stock 3rd gen "rear" wheels if you want but then you must stick to that and can't rotate front to back because of the different offsets. 3rd gens came with different offset wheels for the front and back from the factory.

Hope that clears it up for ya!

Thanks for the reply .... forgot that rule thing.... makes sense... though can you even upgrade to 4th gen rearend ... is that in the years..... by GTA do you mean "Honeycombs" and I know what you mean by the offset man it is close... thanks again

The GTA wheels I found a picture of are the Classic Industries Black: http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.asp?ZTM=cadegghd&GHOME=www.classicindustries.com&TITLE=Classic_Industries

They are not "honeycomb" - that term is reserved for an older Trans-Am's wheels (2nd gens).

Most people will know what you mean if you say 3rd gen GTA wheel - the factory ones I have seen are all gold.