To all CMC drivers

Don Campbell

Hello. I wanted to update everyone on my racing plans. I've talked to a few of you individually but I thought I should make a formal announcement here on the bulletin board.

I sold my Camaro to Fred and Erick Van Wagenen. I've known them for several years through autocrossing. In fact, they sold Perry Kincy his 4th gen Camaro. Erick should be at all of the CMC races this year, so there won't be a drop in car count. I had tons of offers to buy my car even though it was never officially for sale. I carefully selected the right buyer that would carry on the car's legacy. I rode with Erick at Buttonwilllow last Friday at a test day. He will be very competitive and is a great addition to the CMC family.

Why sell the Camaro? Well, I bought a Corvette C5R. I am going to run a full season in SCCA Pro Racing's SPEED World Challenge. I am also working on a one or two race deal for an American Le Mans ride. You can catch all of the races televised on the SPEED Channel. Also, for you NASCAR fans, I am going to be buying a late model stock car to run at Altamont Raceway in 2004. I have a new email and website launching soon. The info will be below.

I will miss the great competition among all of the drivers. Most of all, I will miss the off-track comraderie and friendships. The last two years in CMC have been simply awesome. I guess I am picking a good time to leave CMC, while on top. I was lucky enough to win the 2002 Season Championship and set a record for 14 pole positions in one year. I was also fortunate to set the CMC track records at every single racetrack in California (hey Steel, post these numbers on the site, thanks).

I would especially like to thank Tony G. for building a great car and for being a fantastic CMC director. You were always very fair and I know I speak for each and every driver when I say: THANKS! GREAT JOB!

I will be at Infineon Raceway this coming weekend testing my new car. Stop by and check out the car. The pro races will be at Infineon in July and Laguna Seca in September. Also, if any of you are ever traveling outside California and would like to help my team crew for the weekend, let me know.

Don Campbell

http://www.campbellracing.com

[email protected]

Don

Congratulations to being able to move in the direction of racing you talked about last year, finally getting the rest of us a chance for some of the glory! Speedvision GT is a very challening series but i know you will be competitive, (...rookie of the year..)

Myself stepping down(?) from AI to run CMC in -03 as well as converting my #88 to Grand-Am cup specs and a chance to run some Pro racing too..

Hope to see you around and I would love to travel to a few races and crew for you in WC.

congrats Don. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully you can put up a story on your site about how you went from CMC to WC. That is definately one huge step. Like you, I aspire to one day be able to make a move into pro racing.

Good on Ya Don!!! I'll see you at Sears this weekend. Coming up to pick up a new engine from Tonio. The old one Blew to Smithereens at the 12-Hour. Later, Esse' #81...

Don, congrats (again) on all your fantastic acheivements with CMC!

It was always a pleasure to be around you at our events. Good luck, and GO SPEED RACER!!!!!

Don, absolutely great news!! You know you have 30 guys and one gal in CMC rooting for you to suceed in World Challenge this year...and we all expect pit passes from you for Sears Point and Laguna race weekends! Please make sure and keep the CMC BB updated with your racing (though I suspect everyone will be watching SPEED on cable) and good luck.

CMC drivers

My name is Erick VanWagenen, I am joining your ranks this year in the number 21 red and white camaro (formerly the the number 5 car of Don Campbell). I wanted to introduce my self to everbody and let you know that I will be at Sears Point this weekend running the car in group 4 on saturday and then Super Unlimited on sunday. Looking forward to seeing any cmcers that will be there this weekend, and racing with you all this season.

Don,

Thanks for the kind words, and we all will be pulling for you with your World challenge adventures!

Its also great to still have your car in CMC too, as Eric and Fred will be a nice addition.

Good luck,and we will watch you on the TV !

Tony

Hey, Don...you better borrow your car from Erik for a race or two...is it true that Tony shattered your Sears Point record by over a second a lap?!!...yow, that new Mustang must be pretty darn good...or have I just been wasting my time driving Camaros the last 14 years?....also heard that you tore up the track in your new World Challenge Corvette...sounds like everyone had a great time...see you on TV...don't forget to wave to us all from the podium.