Motor Failure

Greg R.

Well that's ONE way to interpret it...

Buuuuuuuut... I saw a report on Consoomer Reports (don't wanna get sued), that stated that in fact Mustangs rarely can achieve speeds higher than the goverment mandated 5 MPH Bumper regulations.

Hence, any energy expended in a crash involving a Mustang is absorbed by said 5 mph bumpers. No faster, no body repair - easy!

Vageli, man, that sucks! Were you involved in that huge accident with buses that tied up the freeways around San Bernadino? Hopefully insurance is paying for your repairs!

No, mine was a much smaller incident in the coalinga area. Only I and the bus were involved. I have AAA, but they don't cover much more than liability on the trailer and the car is for off road use only so no insurance on that. AAA may give me $500 with no deductable, but that is it. I am currently looking to purchase towing insurance, but haven't found nothing yet. This was a very expensive incident. I am planning on being at t-hill, but there will be no paint and details on the car. Just enough bodywork to allow me to race.

-V

• 3 weeks later...

I hope there is a typo in the new oil pan rules???

Because the Ford 302 Pan you list Canton PN-15-640 is NOT a road race pan.... it is just a deep street pan!! No Trap doors, one small baffle

Where the 15-244T for the Chevy is a Full Road Race pan with a included windage tray and trap doors...

Hardly the same type of pan for the Ford as the Chevy???

The correct equivalent pan for the Ford would be Canton PN-15-644!!

I hope nobody with a Ford has bought a 15-640 Yet!!???

At t-hill I had no issues with oiling not using the tray. I run 9qts total of redline. I have a 3qt accusump mounted in the rear and -12 line throughout. Remote mounted on pass side front framerail full size filter(fram hp1, hp6, wix 1515R, etc.) and an oil to water cooler built into my radiator. The pan is a 7qt. The oil actually ran quite cool. About 260 max. The weather was cool so I don't know if that effected it, but being I have no air to oil cooler I don't think it makes much of a difference. Usually I see about 280 when run hard.

-V

Vageli-Thanks for the input. We cannot run both the Accusump and Canton pan at this time. The rules allow one or the other right now. No windage tray allowed either. CMC is about keeping costs down as you may know. We saw 280 degree oil temp at Fontana with the stock pan and no auxillary oil cooler. We are back with a new motor and a bigger fuel pump this time! We appreciate you showing interest in the CMC contingent and your willingness to share your technical expertise.

CMC Stang-Agreed, the correct pan would be 15-644.

I wish a successful rest of the season to all competitors--it's no fun to break!

Greg Robinson

CMC #12 Mustang

Also don't be fooled by the old Canton parts catalogs showing the 244T for the 3rd and 4th gen. The correct part for the 4th gen (recently introduced) is a 242T. The 244 T won't clear the 4th gens steering rack.

Perry

(had a 242T on order for my 93 383 for over a year)

The best price I found on Canton Products was at performancedepot.com. The contact is Kevin, tell him I sent you!

Greg

CMC Mustang #12