Thunderhill April 5/6th

Tony G

Just a reminder to get your registration in for Thunderhill.

Also, don't forget the Hotel deal at the Best Western that I posted earlier.

Join me for dinner at the Round Table Pizza on Saturday night.

Pizza is on me!!

I'm expecting a huge turn out, as most I have talked to are going..I'm thinking 22-24 cars...maybe more!

There isnt a series out there that doesn't wish for what we have going on here.

We have some new surprise drivers that are showing up..but mums the word for now.

This CMC series is absolutely exploding.

I know of 6 cars being built right now.

I want to thank everyone for your continued support!

You are what makes CMC what it is.

Need anything?? email me at [email protected]

Tony Guaglione

Series Chief Director

Regretfully, we will be unable to attend. We are stretched too thin with time and resources to make it happen. So, we hope to see you all at Willow Springs in May.

Have a great race weekend!

Greg Robinson

Byron Mathieu

CMC #12 Mustang

Greg and Byron, I am sorry we won't be seeing you two at T-Hill. I look forward to seeing you at Willow Springs. I am sorry the last event put such a big dent in your wallet. I hope the rest of your season goes smooth!

Dave Morin, Sherry Grantz and I are gonna hit the greasy spoon across from WalMart at 5-5:30 on Friday.

I am at the Best Western. Anyone wanna share a room. I all ready have it booked.

Perry

PS the car is within 3 mm +/- in the front and will be the same in the back at all important frame bench measurements tomorrow. Fenders will be bolted on tomorrow.

Ed Varon, Jason Swindle and me will be at the Golden Phesant Inn.

I think my car's ready. I just bolted it back together about 10 min ago. I'm going to go fire it up and drive it down the block...my neighbors love me.. really, they do...

See you all next weekend, I hope..

- N

I am also at the Best Western,Golden Pheasant.

My car fired up yesterday..so I am in!!

Perry, good news 3mm is better than some new cars I have measured.Its common to see 3-7 mm off on a new car.

I will have Hawk Brakes with me if anyone needs them.

Tony

Everyone is going except, Little(out of town), Robinson( motor still not done), Righetti (Lazy ass), Simpson( putting his new motor in..make sure its a 305 this time..)....

So I'm expecting 18-22 racers!!

Ed Varon has bought Chris Gartens CMC car #24 and will be joining us this weekend too..so WELCOME ED!!

Ed will be a great addition to CMC!!

Tony Guaglione

Yes, welcome Ed! I was at T-Hill, today, very windy in the AM hours, sorta chilly, afternoon the wind calmed down and temps were probably 70ish. Rain is expected in the middle of next week- Friday light rain, Saturday showers, Sunday partly clowdy.

Maybe some rain..awesome.. ( good thing Brad S is not there)

And will be great to have Ed(dusty)Varon with us...Another AI refugee.. Is Jason S. actually racing...I sure hope so...

Well the car frame work and fender hanging will be done tonite, decals going on tomorrow on most of the car, new alignment tomorrow and dyno on Wednesday. That gives me 2 days to vacuum out the million and two small pieces of glass from knocking out an all ready shattered windshield.

The rear qtrs have been pounded out but won't be pulled til after TH, so I may look like a fugitive from Pro7 this weekend on the left rear qtr panel, but everything seems OK to go!!!

Perry

Wow people, very neat about a big TH turnout! Glad to see Ed joining the group. The students at Harbor Occupational Center and I are just finishing putting the cage in our 88 GTA class project, so there will be another Pontiac out there soon. We still need a seat donor, money for a windshield, a short shift kit and a radiator. Anybody got any old spares that they could donate to a VERY good cause? HOC is a LAUSD vocational facility, so they are tax deductable!

The cage is extremely robust, 'cause of all the mayhem we saw at Fontana.

We're probably going to be a little heavy, but safe.

Hope to see you all on the track, soon.

Thanks to NIck for all the guidance . . .

Well, we are sure sorry to miss this event! Perry, glad to hear you are back together! We have the new motor back in the car and will be tuning/doing break-in this weekend.

Have fun everyone!

Tony, you can follow me at Willow Springs!

Greg

CMC #12 Mustang

Hey X, I've got a seat you can have for free if'n you want it. It was in my Ben Pfaff built Camaro when I bought it. It's one of those strange off-road seats that always seem to find their way into Ben's cars. (sorry ben). It's heavier than most seats, and made out of some kind of moulded plastic-type material. According to CMC/ Nasa rules, I have to question it's legality, so you might want to ask Nick about it. I'm sure he has seen one of Ben's seats before. It has the 5-point harness holes. I don't think it would be worthwhile to UPS it, but if you can get to T-Hill or W-Springs for our next events, I can bring it to the track. I also plan on being at Seca on the 26-27 of this month. Oh yeah, one other thing, You say you're at H.O.C.? If it's the one in in Harbor City/San Pedro, I took a printing course there in 1976. (Damn, I'm that old already?). Well, I guess it was a good class. I'm at my job right now as a Printer in san Luis Obispo. Guess I should get back to work...chit. Esse' #81...