Non-retractable seatbelts...

NickBW

I guess I should have posted that thread in this part of the forum.. sorry about that.

My old thread

Long story short, the seatbelts in my corolla dont retract at all unless the door is open(yeah..) and even then they are really weak and slow so I'm looking at some replacement options here.

One option that I have mind is replacing them with some non-retractable 3point seatbelts. Once tight they will remain tight ALL of the time which I would imagine is great for autocross and track events. My only concern is that I am unaware of any safety issues they might have and will it even pass a safety inspection for an HPDE or time trail event? The ones I'm currently looking at say that their product(and specificly the nontretractable 3pt(shoulder+lap) infact "Meets Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards 209-302." these are the it

Thanks for your help.

Just make sure the are DOT approved. If they are keep the documentation to show the Tech Inspector.

meeting the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards 209 threw 302 meen its DOT approved? Going threw the fmvss/us dot regulations it 209 threw 302 covers everything there is for seatbelt.

Thanks for the replies.