Thunderhill 25hr- CMC team wins the six hour!

Lady in Nomex

Yesterday I crewed for CMC Sam Stowell's Muscle Milk Firebird team running in the E1 class of the six hour that runs within the 25hr race. With really good teamwork on the part of our drivers and team, we won! West Coast CMC regular Mike Donahoe was a key driver and drove really consistent laps along with Sam and another driver John that drives for Sam in Enduros. The car ran like a clock, conditions were slightly rainy and cool feeling with a lot of humidity in the air. It really started to rain in the last 15 minutes and also at that time the rear end went south. Mike had an easy time nursing it in under a full course caution that was out until almost 5:00pm when our race ended!

Pics later today.

I will always have the bug I set goals for my self so I can retire with some money other than that I plan on 2 cmc races a year for now and helping Sam and crew with enduros. In return Sam was nice enough and trusted me to drive his car two shifts in the 6 hour, I can not say enough and how lucky I am to be around these guys ,There all super nice. Thanks Julie for the help and pics .

Mike D

• Members

So this is a 6hr race within a 25hr race? Didnt know there was such a thing.

Anyway congrats guys!!!! CMC cars make solid enduro platforms, but they are certainly not enjoying any advantage relative to other enduro packages, so that means the team must be firing on all 8. It takes a LOT of prep and teamwork to make it happen though, so hats off to you guys

• 4 years later...
So CMC is still somewhat alive out there?
Sure is... and for responding I have a Nigerian uncle for you to meet, a Russian bride, and a bridge for sale - cheap.

You could go to Sears, but they just announced a large amount of store closures. Please check your local listings for a Sears store near you before getting your flag.