You guys wanted data sharing....here's your chance

suck fumes1548534743

I think the point everyone is making is that very few people have a data logging system. I know in TX only 1 person has this capability.

The "data" in reference is data the directors collect at events by putting data loggers on vehicles to compare info after the event is over. At this last weekends event in TX both James Proctor and myself had a logger on our cars for R2 on Saturday. On Sunday both Dan Alford and myself had them on our vehicles as well.

I'm surprised few people buy them, shoot in the class I was running everyone had a data system. I've had traqmates for years....love em!

Technology is changing. Soon everyone will be using their smart phone to take high quality video with on screen telemetry. When I got my iPhone 5, I got the 64 gig version just for this reason. I'll be able to take a weekends worth of video then upload it directly from the phone.

Not my video...

http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Home.html

I'm surprised few people buy them, shoot in the class I was running everyone had a data system. I've had traqmates for years....love em!

SPEC Miata is a big money class compaired to CMC. Lots of budget racers in CMC. Data loggers seem to be at the bottom of the list of the "must have" items.

From adding up my parts list numbers I would say building a top notch stang is as much or a tic more than it cost to build a spec Miata! Maybe it's just because I'm utilizing everything allowed in the rules? Or maybe fords are just more to build than chevys?

From adding up my parts list numbers I would say building a top notch stang is as much or a tic more than it cost to build a spec Miata! Maybe it's just because I'm utilizing everything allowed in the rules? Or maybe fords are just more to build than chevys?

What does a top built SPEC Miata motor cost?

Thats if you buy several sets of pistons and rods and weight match them all. Most of the money is tied up in the head and machine work.

More like $20K from what I've heard.

I'm like you. I absolutely can't wait to get my 4th gen Camaro finished up! I'm so busy starting a new job that unfortunately I won't have it finished until the end of the year.

Haha that's a bunch of balogna! The motor I used last year to win the national SCCA points championship was $5500. Not sure what crazy person told you it was $20k haha. The Katech American sedan motors are close to $20k but they are all V8's

Yeah i know a few people that have spent 15-20K on a miata motor. One of my buddies sold his spec for like 35k. Its a spec class.. The more money you have the more you can massage the parts which is $$$

Mazda parts are really expensive believe it or not. A lit more than mustang parts. Most people buy all new parts and essentially fully restore the whole car due to how old they are and wanting a truly straight car. A lot of money comes from car prep and parts bin matching parts on the Dyno to get the best flowing parts. You also go through the tranny and diff and relieve all the drag etc. I dont think most people realize how much research, time, and development goes into these little cars. I know someone recently who spent $10k on his 1.6L motor but most of that came from buying a crap load of parts and dynoing all of them to get the best combo. If you know someone who spent $15-20 please enlighten me? Was drago or berry?

I'm hoping me and Jason Massey at illicit Motorsports can bring the Cmc car count up a lot next yr. I know there are a bunch of Miata guys that are selling their cars. He's finishing up my cage and motor for the stang now and will be ready for January. Can't wait!