I need some motivation.......

Steve91T

C'mon guys, I'm sick of getting on here and just reading about how much life sucks. Seriously? Aren't we in this crazy sport because its fun? Well, I am. And I'm ready to start racing. It's been 13 months since I was last on track at VIR and have been spending a lot of that time turning a very nice street car into a CMC car. I just finished installing coil overs and am in the middle of an axle swap. Next I'm aiming for March to get my cage, then it'll be time to get my comp license.

That being said, how about something positive. I want stories, pictures and videos. Helpful pictures, fun pictures, picture that give your secret away. Don't forget the videos.

I'll start. This is what I'm looking at right now.

image-12.jpg

Edited by Guest

I agree – thanks Steve for getting this going

This is my list of things I am working on. And only 96 day until our first race.

Re-wiring the computer on the car.

Looking at wheel spacer to take advantage of the new Maximum Track Width.

Looking at new spring to get my Cross weight just right

Swap out my T5

Looking for a 26-28ft Enclosed Trailer

Will look for some videos and post later.

Here is the motivation.....VIR video from Oct 2012 where we had Mid-Atlantic & South East guys having a great time

we had a Fox body Mustang that won, S197 2nd & SN95 in 2rd......Camaro got in the act in the 2nd race with Shawn Stern taking 2nd in his 4th gen http://www.youtube.com/watch?=cXihkvGst0M David DeJarnette #678 Mid-Atlantic

C'mon guys, I'm sick of getting on here and just reading about how much life sucks. Seriously? Aren't we in this crazy sport because its fun? Well, I am. And I'm ready to start racing. It's been 13 months since I was last on track at VIR and have been spending a lot of that time turning a very nice street car into a CMC car. I just finished installing coil overs and am in the middle of an axle swap. Next I'm aiming for March to get my cage, then it'll be time to get my comp license.

That being said, how about something positive. I want stories, pictures and videos. Helpful pictures, fun pictures, picture that give your secret away. Don't forget the videos.

I'll start. This is what I'm looking at right now.

image-12.jpg

No "life sucks" here. Texas had it's first race this weekend and we are growing like a weed. Five or six new guys will be in CMC by the next race and AI had four or five new guys this weekend. I had a blast racing with the national CMC director! CMC is going to be fine for a long time.

Videos soon on the AI CMC Texas site.

JJ

I think it's a 7.3 Powerstroke. That's what I have, but I'll be pulling a Chevy. I've already gotten crap for it at HPDE's

Fender badge appears to read V10.

I pull my GMs with a Ford. With a Ford's lower resale value, I can afford more money for the race car.