3rd Gen Camaro and 4th Camaro - car counts

philstireservice

Howdy guys -

We are looking to help you guys out with 17x9.5 wheels to race on......We have been talking with Jongbloed about this. They will be cost effective and designed to handled the weight of these heavy monsters you guys drive (I use to race a 92 Camaro 1LE for several years).

We need some data for the CMC Camaro's 3rd gen and 4th gen. We might even be able to throw in Mustangs, but we need some preliminary info to get the ball rolling. We need to know how many guys are racing 3rd and 4th Camaro's as well as Mustangs. I'm assuming mostly Fox body and SN95 chassis for the Mustangs, correct?

Also what wheels are you guys running now. Size and offset on what make of car would be very helpful....

I'll be checking back frequently

Howdy guys -

We are looking to help you guys out with 17x9.5 wheels to race on......We have been talking with Jongbloed about this. They will be cost effective and designed to handled the weight of these heavy monsters you guys drive (I use to race a 92 Camaro 1LE for several years).

We need some data for the CMC Camaro's 3rd gen and 4th gen. We might even be able to throw in Mustangs, but we need some preliminary info to get the ball rolling. We need to know how many guys are racing 3rd and 4th Camaro's as well as Mustangs. I'm assuming mostly Fox body and SN95 chassis for the Mustangs, correct?

Also what wheels are you guys running now. Size and offset on what make of car would be very helpful....

I'll be checking back frequently

Phil,

We have the 3rd gens covered already:

http://www.ctw-motorsports.com/

Take a look at our website and you will notice similarities to wheels you already sell...

Wow....looks like PhilsTireService post got jumped on by a different company looking to sell Camaro wheels. Phil was actually asking questions about car counts & wheel size so that he could size up demand for a new product.....at close to $300/wheel for the other guys that is likely more than what most CMC'ers are going to spend. Phil does a great job supplying tires to the Mid-Atlantic region & is a longtime fellow racer......if he wants data to get a decent priced product out to the CMC market, I say give him data.

I drive SN95 Mustang with 17x9 MB/A-Tech Wheels.

For Mid-Atlantic region, we have (5) Fox, (8) SN95's, (4) 3rd Gen's & (5) 4th Gen's ....don't know what wheels the Camaro guys use though.

David DeJarnette #678

Wow....looks like PhilsTireService post got jumped on by a different company looking to sell Camaro wheels. Phil was actually asking questions about car counts & wheel size so that he could size up demand for a new product.....at close to $300/wheel for the other guys that is likely more than what most CMC'ers are going to spend. Phil does a great job supplying tires to the Mid-Atlantic region & is a longtime fellow racer......if he wants data to get a decent priced product out to the CMC market, I say give him data.

I drive SN95 Mustang with 17x9 MB/A-Tech Wheels.

For Mid-Atlantic region, we have (5) Fox, (8) SN95's, (4) 3rd Gen's & (5) 4th Gen's ....don't know what wheels the Camaro guys use though.

David DeJarnette #678

I didn't want to make it seem like we were jumping on Phil's post - if we did, we appologize!

Phil's actually sells wheels for our wheel manufacturer (BMW and Miata fitments) and would be referred to us if he inquired with them. More of an FYI to them more than anything.

If you are referring to our wheel cost, they run $1,125 a set - if you order 3 or more sets you get a discount as a racing car/team. We certainly aren't selling $4k a set 3pc forged wheels like some of the most established highly respected wheel manufacturers - but we also won't sell you cheap, non DOT tested Chinese cast (junk) wheels at the lowest possible price either.

• Members

Some car count information based on average of last two year's worth of points scoring drivers in all regions:

3rd gens: 19

4th gens: 31

Fox: 21

SN95: 25

S197: 5