some 4th gen have different hub sizes frt to rear

philstireservice

• Members

Are you referring to the lip on the hub that the wheel centers on? If so the answer is if you have a wheel that wont quite fit you sand/file the ID of the wheel a bit

GM used 2 sizes of wheel centering hubs on the rear from 93-02. The 93-97 rear axle centering hub is larger than the 98-02 versions. The fronts are the same for all years best I know. Make the wheels fit the larger size and all will be fine.

GM used 2 sizes of wheel centering hubs on the rear from 93-02. The 93-97 rear axle centering hub is larger than the 98-02 versions. The fronts are the same for all years best I know. Make the wheels fit the larger size and all will be fine.

Thanks - the rear is the larger, 70.7

Or use spacers to max. the width out and don't worry about hub fit.

This could be dangerous. Got to make sure the wheel sits on the hub, or some sort of hub.

Not really. These cars are lug centric not hub centric. I've been running 1/2" spacers on my CMC car since 2005. I have no center hub register locating my wheels.

Last year, on the front, I ran 1" worth of spacers stacked on a 2.25" adapter that doesn't register on the hub.

Being hub centric is for cake eaters.

This could be dangerous. Got to make sure the wheel sits on the hub, or some sort of hub.

Phil,

To max out the allowed track width as defined in the rules, just about all the cars will have to use a spacer of some sort. Most people have been running them safely for a long time in CMC.