Wheel List - Add yours

D Algozine

Attempting to assemble a complete list of current wheels in CMC. Don't be shy, join the excitement and add yours.

I will start. Heres my wheels. If you want to add yours, cut, paste and change the info. If racers participate and we get a list, I will put all the data into a spread sheet.

Manufacture...........GM

Model....................Z06 - C5

Size.......................9.5" x 17"

Weight...................18.5 to 19lbs

# of wheels.............12

Cost....................... $125 to $150 EA

New / Used...............Used

Date purchased.........2009 thru 2010

CMC race car............2000 Camaro

Manufacture...........GM

Model....................Camaro SS 5 spoke

Size.......................9" x 17"

Weight...................19.5 - 20 lbs (approx.)

# of wheels............4

Cost.......................$ 110 EA

New / Used.............Used

Date purchased.......2013

CMC race car...........2000 Camaro

(it sucks that the tab key doesn't work in these forums, nor does multiple spaces)

Like Michael Mosty said, all the GM guys will have the advantage if you go with OEM only as the older Z06 wheels are 18ish pounds. The closest ford wheel is the FR500 and it's 21.3 pds. And that's not even OEM! The next closest "factory" wheel is the R58 Cobra R wheel which is 23 pds. That's assuming you find a set of Real ford racing ones and not the knockoffs which are 26-27pds.

We're discussing a list that includes all OEM and most likely almost all of the aftermarket 18 lb wheels that are currently being run. Not discussing limiting things down to OEM only because as you stated, OEM is awful in some cases.

Boudy

Go to Discount Tire and type in 17x9x114.3 (as well as 9.5") and add all of those to the list of approved wheels. I'm pretty certain every single one is over 18 lbs. That is 45 different wheels, depending on color / chrome on certain occasions. This is just Ford from 1 supplier, do we really want to make a list this huge?

On the flip side, do we really want someone to jump through hoops to verify if a certain wheel is approved to be on the list prior to purchasing?

You guys are making this a bigger pain in the butt when the rules haven't even been released yet. I doubt any banter on here is going to sway the directors one way or the other. RCR's will be the only official requests.

Participate or don't ......its up to you. Don't like the idea, then move on... Nobody likes the idea......then I guess this goes nowhere.

All I suggested is to compile a list of current CMC wheels that are in use...........NOW, including....OEM, Aftermarket, homemade, ect....

Not looking for every single legal wheel ever made, just what is being used ......NOW

I'm not even suggesting that an official/approved wheel list be mandated into the rules. Actually, I'm not suggesting anything.......

Just collecting information, so the directors have some additional data to work from.

So guys who race in CMC but don't come here will not get there wheels on the list?

There's nothing new about that, but it's not necessarily true.

It's the same thing as those who chose not to come here and participate missed out on the interpretation that wheel spacers permanently attached to the wheels count towards the total wheel weight and is the perfect reason the rules should stand on their own.

There is no mandate in CMC that a racer need to participate or ever log into the CMC forum. Therefore, it becomes the responsibility of the Regional Directors to communicate issues back and forth between the forum and the racers. And if the Regional Director doesn't frequent the CMC forums? Well, that's another issue entirely.

I would really like to see the list of the wheels the Ford guys are using including the weights.

Like I stated in another thread I have yet to purchase wheels and have experienced difficulty finding the weights of wheels online.

I would really like to see the list of the wheels the Ford guys are using including the weights.

Like I stated in another thread I have yet to purchase wheels and have experienced difficulty finding the weights of wheels online.

I am running 17x9.5 MB Battles, think they came out this year. I believe I weighed them at 23.1 pounds a piece out of the box (no valve stems, wheel weights, etc). Purchased them through Discount Tire Direct for $159 each.

This thread is yet another fine example of why nothing gets done around here.

Attempting to assemble a complete list of current wheels in CMC. Don't be shy, join the excitement and add yours.

This guy makes a request to find out what everyone is running. The end game is to see if a list of approved wheels is viable.

all the GM guys will have the advantage if you go with OEM only as the older Z06 wheels are 18ish pounds. The closest ford wheel is the FR500 and it's 21.3 lbs

Aaron doesn't even bother to read the, "compete list of current wheels in CMC" part and goes on a rant based on an assumption completely contradictory to the simple opening statement.

We're discussing a list that includes all OEM and most likely almost all of the aftermarket 18 lb wheels that are currently being run

This moron makes a pitiful attempt to refocus the discussion.

Go to Discount Tire and type in 17x9x114.3... That is 45 different wheels... do we really want to make a list this huge?

Now Micheal doesn't read the original post either and assumes someone is trying to make an approved list of everything Discount Tire sells.

You guys are making this a bigger pain in the butt when the rules haven't even been released yet. I doubt any banter on here is going to sway the directors one way or the other

So Aaron comes back in to inform all that a simple list of approved wheels is too complicated and that everyone is wasting time anyway.

Participate or don't ......its up to you. All I suggested is to compile a list of current CMC wheels that are in use... Not looking for every single legal wheel ever made, just what is being used... NOW

Another pointless effort to keep on topic.

So guys who race in CMC but don't come here will not get there wheels on the list?

And then some "out of left field" statement that doesn't even apply and took probably 8 assumptions to conclude.

This is exactly why nothing productive can be accomplished here. Which actually validates Aaron's last statement... Good call!

Boudy

I have yet to purchase wheels and have experienced difficulty finding the weights of wheels online.

That is a problem since there doesn't seem to be any standard or any consistency between manufacturers or web sites. Some places use the actual weight, some the shipping weight...which includes the box and any other packing materials, some use an "example" wheel of that style that may or may not be the same diameter, width or offset as the wheel you're actually considering. And some give you nothing at all.

For Mustang wheels, there are several well compiled lists floating around on the Internet that are mostly accurate and are a pretty good reference for OEM wheel weights. But most of those are getting a little long in the tooth and don't have most of the new aftermarket or OEM wheels produced in the last 5 years or so on them.

I was looking at a set of Konig Torch 17x9.5" +15mm offset wheels this year since I found I could get them pretty cheap on discounttiredirect.com (and somewhat cheaper if you are 'sponsored' by Konig). I couldn't find the weights published anywhere and the folks I contacted couldn't find any numbers either. What I ended up doing was emailing Konig U.S. customer service in NY. The rep called their warehouse in California and actually had a guy pull a 17x9.5 +15mm offset wheel out of inventory and weigh it for me. It was 22.1 lbs. Based on their excellent customer service, I was ready to buy a couple sets. The very next week at Nationals I got to see a set of that exact size Konig Torch on an Evo (different bolt pattern). Nice wheels, but the spokes sort of crowned outward beyond the tire. I'm not sure I liked that, so I'm still looking.

This guy makes a request to find out what everyone is running. The end game is to see if a list of approved wheels is viable.

all the GM guys will have the advantage if you go with OEM only as the older Z06 wheels are 18ish pounds. The closest ford wheel is the FR500 and it's 21.3 lbs

Aaron doesn't even bother to read the, "compete list of current wheels in CMC" part and goes on a rant based on an assumption completely contradictory to the simple opening statement.

We're discussing a list that includes all OEM and most likely almost all of the aftermarket 18 lb wheels that are currently being run

Go to Discount Tire and type in 17x9x114.3... That is 45 different wheels... do we really want to make a list this huge?

Now Micheal doesn't read the original post either and assumes someone is trying to make an approved list of everything Discount Tire sells.

You guys are making this a bigger pain in the butt when the rules haven't even been released yet. I doubt any banter on here is going to sway the directors one way or the other

So Aaron comes back in to inform all that a simple list of approved wheels is too complicated and that everyone is wasting time anyway.

Participate or don't ......its up to you. All I suggested is to compile a list of current CMC wheels that are in use... Not looking for every single legal wheel ever made, just what is being used... NOW

And then some "out of left field" statement that doesn't even apply and took probably 8 assumptions to conclude.

This is exactly why nothing productive can be accomplished here. Which actually validates Aaron's last statement... Good call!

Boudy

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Boudy

Can I get an amen from the back..............AMEN

I gave it the old college try........ It seemed like a pretty good idea to make some decisions based on facts (meaning, who is currently using what) , instead of assumptions, or individual opinions.

MB Competition (not being made anymore)

5-spoke, 17x9, ~24mm offset, weigh about 20.5 lbs

MB Weapon

7-spoke, 17x9, ~14mm offset, weigh about 20 lbs each

These have a slightly larger lug nut area than the Competition so is easier taking on/off. I don't like the look as much but these are my primary wheels in being slightly lighter and a better offset.

And Boudy, the only benefit to the thread your post gave was to show that you are really good using the "quote" button.

And Boudy, the only benefit to the thread your post gave was to show that you are really good using the "quote" button.

Just not exactly the case. I was, after all, the first moron to try and keep the discussion on topic. An secondly, I might just start a "quote" button training class.

Boudy

Thanks guys for the information on the Ford wheels. I really appreciate it!!!

I run the MB Weapons same as Michael. I let him give the info though because my notes are 2000 miles away and I didn't have a clue what the part numbers are. If you tell the Discount Tire guy that you're a racer and will be buying more than 1 set over the season he'll usually give you wholesale, right at $100 or so. I used to buy 2 or 3 sets at a time and just pass the savings around the group.

Boudy

Thanks guys for the information on the Ford wheels. I really appreciate it!!!

I run the MB Weapons same as Michael. I let him give the info though because my notes are 2000 miles away and I didn't have a clue what the part numbers are. If you tell the Discount Tire guy that you're a racer and will be buying more than 1 set over the season he'll usually give you wholesale, right at $100 or so. I used to buy 2 or 3 sets at a time and just pass the savings around the group.

Boudy

Thanks for the tip Boudy. Much appreciated!!!

• 4 weeks later...

This is a list I found that I have been working for when I was looking for wheels. I have details for 18in if you want them. If you seen anything that you know is wrong please let me know and I will update the information.

Wheels and weight

95 COBRA R Replica

95 Cobra R (Black) 17x9 - 22.3lbs

AFS 95 Cobra R (Chrome) 17x9 - 24lbs

AFS 95 Cobra R (Chrome) 17x10.5 - 26lbs

-----------------------------------------------------------

03 COBRA Replica

AFS 03 Cobras (Chrome) 17x9 - 29lbs

AFS 03 Cobras (Chrome) 17x10 - 27lbs

BULLITTS Replica

Bullitt (Anthracite) (2005+) 17x9 - 25lbs

Bullitt satin 17x8 - 28lbs

FR500 Replica

FR500 (Chrome) 17x9 - 27lbs

STEEDA

Steeda Ultralights (Satin) 17x9 - 21.5lbs (23.

Steeda Ultralights (Chrome) 17x9 - 24lbs

FORD OEM, FORD MOTORSPORTS, OR SVT (pretty much the same)

SVT - Bullitt (Silver) 17x8 = 23lbs

SVT - Bullitt (Chrome) 17x8 = 24lbs

SVT - Bullitt (Black) 17x8 = 22lbs

SVT - Bullitt (Anthracite) 17x8 = 22lbs

SVT - 97 Cobra (Chrome) 17x8 = 22.5lbs

SVT - 98 Cobra (Silver) 17x8 = 21.5lbs

SVT - 99 Cobra (Silver) 17x8 = 22.5lbs

SVT - 99 Cobra (Polished) 17x8 = 22.5lbs

SVT - 04 Cobra 10th Anniversary (Light Grey) 17x9 = 23.8lbs

SVT - 03 Cobra (Satin) 17x9 - 25.5lbs

FORD OEM - 99 GT (Satin) 17x8 - 22lbs

FORD OEM - 03 Mach 1 - 25lbs

Shelby Wheels

Torq-Thrust M (Chrome) 17x8 = 21.5lbs

Torq-Thrust M (Chrome) 17x9 = 23.5lbs

Torq-Thrust M (Black) 17x8 = 21lbs

Torq-Thrust M (Black) 17x9 = 22.6lbs

Torq-Thrust M (Anthracite) 17x8 = 21lbs

Torq-Thrust M (Anthracite) 17x9 = 22.6lbs

LIGHTWEIGHT RACE WHEELS

Weld Draglites 15x3.5 - 7lbs

Weld Draglites 15x10 - 14lbs

Weld Pro-Stars 15x3.5 - 8lbs

Weld Pro-Stars 15x8 - 12lbs

Bogart Drag-On Fly Star 15x3.5 - 9lbs

OTHER

Konig Villain 17x9 - 21lbs

Konig Maxxim 18x8.5 - 24.5lbs

Motegi Track Touge (Anthracite) 17x9 = 24lbs

Motegi Track Touge (Black) 17x9 = 24lbs

Awesome list, Dan! That list shows (IMO) why some of us were "sensitive" about the newly allowed combo of illegally light wheel ples spacer... That setup sits right at 18lbs (or so I understand). Now compare it to any of the "typical" wheels sitting in the 22-24lb range, plus a couple more lbs for the spacer, and it's easy to see that you could shave six to eight pounds of unsprung, rotating mass. If you guys were running 24-32lbs gross overweight, you'd be looking to drop it. And yes, Dorothy, dropping that kind of weight in rotating mass IS noticeable. Looks like it's time to get a second job to pay for new wheels...

I don't know what spacers y'all are running buy my 1/2" ones weigh about a 1/4 pound. I also have just a little over $1,000 in 2 sets of MB wheels from Discount tire that weigh 20 lbs each.

Buying a lighter weight wheel is an "option", just like deciding what tread depth to get your tires shaved to. Nobody would be complaining if someone decided to run a brand new set of 1/32nd shaved tires for every race they ran. That tire alone is 3 lbs lighter than the standard 4/32nd shaved tire. Should we make it illegal to shave a tire to 1/32nd because it clearly gives an advantage vs someone who shaved theirs to 4/32nds?

CTW Motorsports Wheel Specs:

17" x 9.5"

5.25" BS - 0mm offset

20.1lbs (20.2 with center cap)

Third Gen F-Body application - no spacers needed

Can fit 14" 6 piston brake systems

They come in at 2lbs over the minimum - perfectly legal...[/u]