Toyo Proxes RR 17s Availability

DrC

Based on the new rule change and the offering by Toyo we can now use the new Toyo Proxes RR tire. At one point it was said that the 275/40ZR17 were not available yet.

Has anyone fold them and what prices are you seeing? Based on the reported performance these are the tire you will want to be on to get the most out of your car.

Good to hear.

Now I just have to figure out a way to burn off the two sets of RA1's I have that have around 4-5 weekends left between the 8 of them.

Guess it's time to do a couple more DE's and maybe an Enduro.

I'll still need to buy some rain tires too...

Rain tires are a waist. We rarely need them and it doesn't rain enough to justify buying them.

Hahaha... hahahahaha. Come to the MW or GL for a season and you may be singing a different tune. They don't call it Mud Ohio for no reason...

edit: Didn't realize the reply was to a TX racer, I totally understand that one.

Rain tires are a waist. We rarely need them and it doesn't rain enough to justify buying them.

Hahaha... hahahahaha. Come to the MW or GL for a season and you may be singing a different tune. They don't call it Mud Ohio for no reason...

edit: Didn't realize the reply was to a TX racer, I totally understand that one.

Almost made the same mistake. I'm a rookie with 4 weekends under my belt. I've run 3 of those 8 races in the rain.

Move to Texas and you won't have that rain problem as much haha. There's a reason why I don't live in the Midwest or north east.

If you ever expect to race at a Nationals (and be competitive) in the Midwest...you'll need rain tires and experience running the "Wet" line.

Sidney

• Members
If you ever expect to race at a Nationals (and be competitive) in the Midwest...you'll need rain tires and experience running the "Wet" line.

Sidney

Isn't that a dynamic line?

I was only talking to my fellow Texas racer. I'm very familiar with mid Ohio's crazy wet line and various others so I'm not saying anyone outside of Texas shouldn't buy em.

Sidney

Isn't that a dynamic line?

Good point. Yes...the Wet line is dynamic in that one must find the grip and that means trying different lines and it moves depending on traffic and how hard it's raining. However...without Rain tires you'll never be able to find maximum grip and will not be competitive in a true rain race.

Sidney