West Coast Schedule?

Dustin M.

• Members

Is there a West Coast schedule out? I didn't see one at the Norcal/Socal sites or here. I emailed Brian, but I'm not sure if he's the man this year or not. It's probably right in front of my face and I'm too blind to see it.

This was given to me as the west coast AI schedule and usually the CMC schedule is in lock step with AI (though it really looks like just a SoCal schedule). I'm not sure of anyone who is planning on running a full season in CMC, could be wrong though.

2014 AI West schedule

Feb 8-9: Chuckwalla

March 15-16: Sonoma Raceway

April 5 & 6: Buttonwillow

May 3-4: Spring Mountain Moto

July 26 & 27: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Oct 4 & 5: Buttonwillow

Nov 7-9th – Western States Championship @ Sonoma Raceway

Edited by Guest

• Members

Well crap. Hopefully there's a good turnout at Buttonwillow, but I'll miss MRLS for sure. I could swing W. Nats if I get enough events under my belt. How bad do the CMC cars get smoked when they run AI? Anyone slow enough to keep up with? Is it worth doing a quasi-AI car or are the CA AI guys pretty well sorted?

Well crap. Hopefully there's a good turnout at Buttonwillow, but I'll miss MRLS for sure. I could swing W. Nats if I get enough events under my belt. How bad do the CMC cars get smoked when they run AI? Anyone slow enough to keep up with? Is it worth doing a quasi-AI car or are the CA AI guys pretty well sorted?

I have no idea, if there are still CMC cars planning on showing up I will definitely plan on running a few of the sprint races otherwise I am gearing up for the enduro April 5th at Buttonwillow. I think some of the CMC guys are transitioning to AI so there might be some good "AI-lite" battles while people get their cars sorted out.

Do you guys sort of poll each other and try to show up all on the same days?

I suppose a little bit. Last year we talked at the events about which ones we were planning on making.

I'm planning on running both Buttonwillow races, Laguna Seca, and the West Coast Nationals. I will be running my CMC car at the nationals, and an IA car we are sorting out if we do not have at least4-5 CMC cars at these races...................Arron let me know if you need any help at the endure...that should be fun !!

• Members

Wait, does the Buttonwillow event (Oct) have an enduro? If so, I'm in! My move will cause me to miss a couple months racing, and no better way to learn a new track than to drive it for a few hours. How long are your enduros?

I'm planning on running both Buttonwillow races, Laguna Seca, and the West Coast Nationals. I will be running my CMC car at the nationals, and an IA car we are sorting out if we do not have at least4-5 CMC cars at these races...................Arron let me know if you need any help at the endure...that should be fun !!

Yeah, I'll let you know, still in the process of making the electrics a bit more robust and adding a light bar, possibly some work to the refueling location.

Wait, does the Buttonwillow event (Oct) have an enduro? If so, I'm in! My move will cause me to miss a couple months racing, and no better way to learn a new track than to drive it for a few hours. How long are your enduros?

Typically, BW enduros run 6pm-9pm and will require lighting. Swing by if you come out earlier than October!

• Members

I should be there in August, but that's where there's a dead spot in the schedule. good to know about the lighting, an often overlooked aspect of our own enduro participants! I wonder if factory housings hastily zip tied in will fly with tech, pretty sure my mounts don't exist on this aftermarket core support.

This was tentative at best and I suspect has more to do with the Southern Cal schedule not being complete. Either way I have not seen anything official as of yet.

• Members

Getting down to the wire! CA is a bit larger than the span of CO from Denver to Colorado Springs, so I'm guessing you guys don't do yearly meetings and dyno days all together? If this is the case, where might I consider dyno-ing my car when I arrive? Most of the tracks there are 5000'-6000' lower so I'll require one and I want to ensure it's on par with all the rest of the CMC cars' dynos, as sweet as it would be to find a cheater dyno.

Most of the tracks there are 5000'-6000' lower so I'll require one and I want to ensure it's on par with all the rest of the CMC cars' dynos...

Ummm... ...isn't the whole reason we do dyno certs because they are supposed to be valid no matter where you go if you change nothing on the car?

• Members

As much as I'd like to think that, straight off of our dyno sheet:

9. Altitude of the dyno shop must be recorded. Dyno runs made at locations with elevation greater than 1,500 feet higher than the track will not count as being valid at that track. Class Officials may decide to waive this requirement for certain circumstances. Check with your local class director ahead of time.

*edited to fix the wonky spacing from the copy/paste.