2014 April Summit Point with NASA/CMC

t500hps

• Members

Did you finish 3rd? I didn't watch it all. Just found it odd you were totally up their asses off the bat then fell behind the way you did. Judging by the first couple laps, you have the speed but lack the competitive aggression (like I do) to say fuck it and just jam the car in there. Did the leaders finally settle into the fast line and subsequently walk on you? Or did your car seem to fade a bit? I noticed on my season opener with fresh, unshaven RA1s that I was faster the 2nd day than the first by a large and noticeable margin. I can't decide if me or the toe out was to credit, but the camber was totally fubar per a post race inspection!

Did you finish 3rd? I didn't watch it all. Just found it odd you were totally up their asses off the bat then fell behind the way you did. Judging by the first couple laps, you have the speed but lack the competitive aggression (like I do) to say fuck it and just jam the car in there. Did the leaders finally settle into the fast line and subsequently walk on you? Or did your car seem to fade a bit? I noticed on my season opener with fresh, unshaven RA1s that I was faster the 2nd day than the first by a large and noticeable margin. I can't decide if me or the toe out was to credit, but the camber was totally fubar per a post race inspection!

I did finish 3rd. I fell behind for a couple small reasons that added up. If you really look, I get a run on them at times early cause they are battling. I was on full tread RA1's. I'm not as fast through the tight turns 6/7/8/9 but know what I need to do there. I'm getting more aggressive but still suffer a little from my "rookie" status (I just got my comp license last summer).

That was Sat. I had heat cycled a new set of RR's sat AM and then qualified/raced on new RA1's with little practice (I bought the car with several sets of worn RA1's and that was all I was used to). Ran Sun race on RR's and beat the car you saw leading and was right on the azz of the black/red car for the entire 45 min race.....came in second.

• Members

Sweet. I've still got that rookie stank too. We'll see how my fastest lap times stack up to the leaders this weekend. I tend to be a one hit wonder, where I'll have a really good TT lap but the rest are off. I'm getting more consistent throughout the entire race, but there are still "rookie-isms" that I'm working through.