RPF1s on a Mustang

Spencer

So I have a 2000 GT mustang and wanted to get a set of new wheels. I thought RPF1s would be a good option. I was ready to add a spacer on each wheel to increase weight. The 17x9.5s weigh in at 16.4 lbs per wheel. Any spacer I add though will need to weigh in at 1.6 pounds. Your looking at a 3/4 inch spacer to add that kind of weight. Problem with that is a 3/4 inch spacer will put me over max track width. The only way I can see using these wheel is using a steel spacer that will weight much more than aluminum allowing me run a thinner spacer. So with the current rules are these wheels unusable?

Without a spacer I would say yes they are unusable because they are too light.

7.31 Wheels/Tires

7.31.1 Wheels may be of any construction or material,must be 16 or 17 inch diameter, and must not be wider than 9.5 inches.

7.31.2 16 inch wheels must weigh 16.0lbs or more. 17 inch wheels must weigh 18.0lbs or more. One piece aluminum spacers welded to the wheel will be included in the total wheel weight. Detachable balancing weights will not be included in the total wheel weight..

The RPF1s are available in quite a few offsets. Could you get a different offset to stay within the track width spec with the 3/4" spacer?

The RPF1s are available in quite a few offsets. Could you get a different offset to stay within the track width spec with the 3/4" spacer?

I did all the calcs based on 18mm offset which is a perfect fitment without spacers. They make a 38mm offset, which I could run a 20mm spacer to get the same fitment I think. The 20mm spacer should weight enough I think to get it to 18 lbs.