New Member Introduction

302 Hi Pro

Greetings CMC Forum Members:

Happy to become a new Member of your CMC Forum and I'm looking forward to learning about your Organization and Racing Classes and activities.

I currently own a Kona Blue 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. I have installed a few select mods and/or upgrades to improve her overall performance, but have elected to keep the OEM PCM tunes, (Silver and Red Keys).

Red key is from Ford Performance, and is known as TracKey. I am hoping to attend a few events this year, always looking to improve Driver skills, and meeting some of you at the track.

Enjoy your car,

Davis

302 Hi Pro

Welcome Davis! What region are you located in?

Hi Spencer:

I'm located in the northern part of Southern New Jersey, and I'm about an am hour away from New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ.

Thank you for the welcome message. After I joined this group, I looked at the Classes of Mustangs and unfortunately, my car does not fit well in any category except "Extreme" due to HP to Weight Ratios.

I still look forward to attending some events and hope to learn more about the CMC classes.

All the Best,

Davis

302 Hi Pro

Davis,

If you wanted to race your boss 302 you would be a better fit in American Iron. You could use restrictor plates to get your rwhp down to legal levels.

CMC would be a more budget friendly class compared to AI. You could probably find a race ready car to get your feet wet for under 10K.

Best to formulate a plan early on what series fits you best.

Take care

-Spencer

Thank you for the advice, I have come to the same conclusion as I'm not in favor of pulling out the airbags, steering wheel locks and other mods to track my Boss in this class.

I'm thinking now of building a 2007 S197 chassis Mustang.

This will be a fun build when I get everything lined up. A lot to consider, so for now, its back to the rule books for more study.

Thanks again, it is nice to meet you. Are you in the Northeast Division?

Be Well, Race Well,

Davis

302HP

I race in the Great Lakes region, much better car counts than NE region for CMC.

If your planning on building a S197 your best fit would be spec iron SI or AI. S197 is no longer eligible for CMC. SI is relatively new, but in the NE and GL car counts have been low.

Welcome. Have you completed any Track days? Any with NASA ?

If you don't have a race license or aren't ready to get yours very soon, I would flog the hell out of that Boss in some HPDE weekends (High Performance Drivers Education). Then poke around the track and ask who is running what, in what class, and why.

Welcome. Have you completed any Track days? Any with NASA ?

If you don't have a race license or aren't ready to get yours very soon, I would flog the hell out of that Boss in some HPDE weekends (High Performance Drivers Education). Then poke around the track and ask who is running what, in what class, and why.

Hi DAlgozine:

Thank you for the words of wisdom. I do have fun with the Boss 302 at the track and do enjoy HPDE race days. This is what lead me to look a little deeper into other Race venues. I look forward to the 2015 race season and plan to get more involved. Plan is to secure a race license this year and this should open up a few more opportunities to race.

Thanks again,

Davis

302 Hi Pro

Spec iron is already pretty dead. Doesn't look like ford racing is even offering money this year.

Hi SF:

Good information here. Thanks for the note. I noticed you signature data includes the term "2013 National CMC Champion". Very nice, and congratulations on your accomplishment.

This year, i am just looking to learn all that I can and I'm excited to becoming a part of this group.

Take care and Race On!

Davis

302 Hi Pro