West coast championships

BADVENM

Today is June 1st... ...just over 51 days remaining to register for NASA Western States Nationals by July 22.

Checking the NorCal and SoCal NASA websites...

SoCal current season points seems to indicate a lack of CMC drivers.

The NorCal website seems to be a collection of links to other places... ...several of which are out of date and none of which seem to include a current points standing. No idea if they have any CMC drivers.

No CMC drivers in Utah.

Northwest region is on hiatus this year.

So unless the NASA Western States Nationals draws CMC drivers from the Midwest and points east, our best chance at populating CMC from the western half of the U.S. is with Texas and Rocky Mountain Region drivers. There should be 25+ potential participants in those two regions alone.

Where are all the western U.S. CMC drivers?

It'll be pretty disappointing after scheduling a block of time off from work if no one else signs up and it turns out the shorter drive to Road Atlanta a month later would have ended up being the better choice.

Go to VIR. Lot more cars in the east coast champs for whatever reason. Think last yr there were only a couple at laguna as well.

Where are all the western U.S. CMC drivers?

Unfortunately, there are no CMC cars running on the West Coast. There haven't been since the end of 2013.

Go to VIR. Lot more cars in the east coast champs for whatever reason. Think last yr there were only a couple at laguna as well.

There were no CMC cars at the 2014 Western States Championships. The class was cancelled.

I suspect 2015 will be a repeat of 2014.

Shit, if you thought Laguna Seca was a hike how about VIR?

Starting point and terrain make a difference.

We'd like to have you join us out west Dustin.

• Members

Laguna is on the bucket list for sure, but I'll be TDY in that time frame. Hopefully they'll just do it at Laguna again next year, how many more high end tracks are there out west with Miller closing down?

• 3 weeks later...

Come on folks, we only need three more entries to hold the CMC class at the Western Nationals.

Entry fee goes up $100 as of July 1st.

I see Derek is also currently the sole registrant for the Eastern Nationals.

WTF is going on that we can't find eight folks across the county willing to participate in a couple of NATIONALLY recognized events at a couple of bucket-list-worthy tracks, but we can a regional event in Oklahoma? OKLAHOMA!

Is CMC really that Texas-centric now days?

Come on folks, we only need three more entries to hold the CMC class at the Western Nationals.

WTF is going on that we can't find eight folks across the county willing to participate in a couple of NATIONALLY recognized events at a couple of bucket-list-worthy tracks, but we can a regional event in Oklahoma? OKLAHOMA!

East coast has 2 other CMC entries as of several week ago......for some reason they are listed in alphabetical order instead of by class. Trying to get a couple more locals signed up!

East coast has 2 other CMC entries as of several week ago......for some reason they are listed in alphabetical order instead of by class. Trying to get a couple more locals signed up!

Dang it. Too bad our Summer peak leave is locked up at work and can't be changed now. We'd be heading East instead of West.

Any AI Mustangs to rent in California for Nationals? We would class as PTB but right now there are only two signed up, we would need one more including ourself for a championship race. We are running out of options. Hard to believe.

I spent over $3000 last year getting ready for the nationals at Sonoma Raceway and then had several racers back out at the last second.....so I didn't get to race....And without any CMC racers this year, I do not have enough races to qualify to race at the nationals............................

I spent over $3000 last year getting ready for the nationals at Sonoma Raceway and then had several racers back out at the last second.....so I didn't get to race....And without any CMC racers this year, I do not have enough races to qualify to race at the nationals............................

Maybe you can get this clause of the Event Regulations invoked for those folks in California who don't have any races this year:

7) NASA Management/Promoter reserves the right to invite competitors that do not fit within these guidelines.

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/content/upload/5108/Regs_West_Champs2015.pdf

Time and distance for me.

Hallett is already about a 10 hour tow each way from south of Houston.

The Google says VIR 18ish of drive time.

I don't either. Maybe we can have the not-eligible but have a car class...

-Don

I don't either. Maybe we can have the not-eligible but have a car class...

-Don

If we're serious about attracting cars and drivers to the Western Nationals in this manner, how about agreeing to run with a Modified 13/13 rules set along with utilizing a flying start to potentially lessen carnage?

Here is a idea. The new Corvette Museum track in Bowling Green Kentucky is 13 hours from Houston Tx, 11 from DFW TX, 13.5 from Goodland Kansas, 9 hours from Raleigh NC, 7 hours from Chicago and 7 hours from Cleveland Oh. Seems to me this would make a great track for all the CMCers to show up and race, It is about as central to everyone as we will ever get. If we get everyone to show up to a race at this venue it will be the closest thing to a Nationals with a lot of cars as we will ever get.

The Midwest Great lakes region is running there on July 17-19 2015. Maybe if we run there next year we could all plan on it.

• Members

If they do Road America, that'd be real difficult to pass up seeing how it's 4 hours from home. I could embarrass myself in front of the family. I thought for sure it'd be closer to me than the NCMMP but Lougle maps is quoting about 20 miles of difference there and they both seem to be top notch facilities. Hallett really is our nats and seems fairly central to us all too. I'm inclined to go where the people are more so than an upper crust facility, because without other CMC cars it may as well be warmup. Like it or not, the preponderance of TX folks is what really makes the turnouts for such an event. It would also help to get with your regional director ahead of time to see about making it a crossover event. More people might show if points are on the line.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the nationals will remain primarily a regional even regardless of where it is held IMHO.

More of us than not are budget racing and don't have the budget to tow off to an event regardless of the distance that isn't in our normal yearly points budgeted races.

Only an NC event really close would I even consider trying to make. The dual NC just split up those few that are willing to spend on that type of race.

In the mean time, Hallett is a very nice alternative where more CMC cars race every single year than a few NC races combined.

My understanding of Bobs post is that Bowling Green can be more centrally located then Hallett for more racers. In addition to being reasonably situated for the current Hallett regulars, also can be accessible for some additional Midwest areas, such as Detroit, northern Ohio, and even some southeast racers. I think Bob is suggesting that the Hallett group consider trying Bowling Green next year.