Steering column swap

dbrad

I've read the 2015 rules and searched this forum but am not clear regarding my steering column swap. I have an 1988 Mustang GT (tilt column) and it's going bad. Understand the replacement needs to be OEM but wanted to use one from a 1990 Mustang GT since it is not a tilt column.

What is throwing me off is 7.8.2 ending in " , but the OEM steering column must be used." I am taking that to mean literally as an 88 must be used.

Hope I am over thinking and wrong?

Thanks Glenn - Section 7.3

Guess I need to stop working on the car and go back and develop some fundamental reading and understanding skills. The irony is I have a hard copy of the rules printed out and notes in the margins all over the place except for 7.3 & 7.4.

In the example within 7.3, the rules distinguish between early and late GM and therefore not interchangeable. Since the Fords are all grouped as "Early Ford", take that to mean I can swap SN95 parts into my Foxbody mustang (non body components). Not that I am looking to do so, just trying to understand the rule.