Mid Ohio October 2-4 2015

t500hps

So currently 4 mid-atlantic guys are looking to come up for the races that weekend. Rumor is there will be a bunch of cars even though few are signed up. True?

Also, I hate going somewhere new without some "local knowledge".

All of us camp as a group in our trailers, in the paddock. Same at Mid-O? If so, where is "the group"? Is power readily available?

Most of us would run Friday practice since none of us have been there before. I heard the event often has 2 races Sat and a "fun run" Sunday (which we do at our end of year event too). True? If so, I might be loading up Sunday AM for the 10 hour trip home unless the Sun format is early or appealing.

What is this $49 banquet dinner Sat night? We have a banquet with finger foods for the awards but it's free. Do you guy normally go to this thing?

What else would a guy who's never been there before need to know after driving 10 hours to get there?

Camping at Mid Ohio in October can be brisk, bring a heater and lots of blankets. It will probably rain and be cold. Bring enough clothes for a rainy 32 degree weekend. Hopefully we will have better weather than that, but you never know. Power is not readily available unless you bring your own.

We do all try to paddock together, in years past we have been on the pavement there. Whoever gets there first will try to grab space for all of us.

I am not signed up yet, but am planning on it here next week. Seems no one signs up until the last minute. I know there are at least 2 guys wrenching to try to make it.

I haven't heard what the Sunday event is going to be like, last year we had races on Sunday and some fun races as well.

Mid Ohio also has a no pets policy. just a fyi, I know some people have made assumptions and had to board there dog there.

more Mid Ohio rules here.

https://www.midohio.com/Fan-Guide/Rules---Facility-Policies

I hope I didn't scare you off with the weather, but better to be prepared than get there and freeze your ass off.

Cold isn't the worst.......2 years ago we ran VIR in Feb and rain turned to wet snow. Kinda weird seeing racecars on track while the grass is white from snow. I'd simply hate to make that long trip to race in COLD RAIN. Hopefully you're wrong this time

Saw the no pets thing, non-issue for any of us.

I carry a Honda gen but the other guys will want power. Are there "camping" spots that have power outside the paddock?.....Do you guys generally camp at the track or get rooms somewhere?

Russ C.

About half the guys stay at the track and the other half in a hotel. Most of the time it comes down to the forecast days before the event. Getting a hotel room at the last minute usually is not a issue.

I am not sure if they have hookups in the "camping area" but there is nothing in the paddock.

After our next event on Sept 19-20 we should have a good feel for how many cars will be at Mid Ohio. My guess is about 7 not including you MA guys planning on coming up.

Bob

Cold isn't the worst.......2 years ago we ran VIR in Feb and rain turned to wet snow. Kinda weird seeing racecars on track while the grass is white from snow. I'd simply hate to make that long trip to race in COLD RAIN. Hopefully you're wrong this time

Saw the no pets thing, non-issue for any of us.

I carry a Honda gen but the other guys will want power. Are there "camping" spots that have power outside the paddock?.....Do you guys generally camp at the track or get rooms somewhere?

Russ C.

Trust me, I hope I am wrong on the weather too. Last year was cold and on/off rain. Hopefully with any luck it will be better this year.

Usually with the banquet, one entry comes with the registration, and you have to buy for whoever is with you.

Trust me, I hope I am wrong on the weather too. Last year was cold and on/off rain. Hopefully with any luck it will be better this year.

Usually with the banquet, one entry comes with the registration, and you have to buy for whoever is with you.

I think I read in the event details that the banquet is going to be offsite this year and is not included in the entry fee.

I think I read in the event details that the banquet is going to be offsite this year and is not included in the entry fee.

Hmm, I was looking for that info and couldn't find it. I guess I will have to look again.

Who is in the lead for points for both regions? Has to be Dereck, Kent and Bob?

Hmm, I was looking for that info and couldn't find it. I guess I will have to look again.

Who is in the lead for points for both regions? Has to be Dereck, Kent and Bob?

Found the info buried deep in the info about autobahn country club. Looks like it does not come with an entry this year.

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Currently there are 8 registered. I know there will be at least one more going (Kent) and another trying to get cleared to go (Jim). Best of luck to you Jim, we hope to see you there.

Dave A and John K you know we all had fun at Autobahn. Let's do it again! Neal you should probably come too, it is the last race of the season for us.

Can't wait to see everyone and meet the Mid Atlantic guys. I will not be going to the banquet on Saturday night. So we can do whatever. Let's hope the weather is warm and clear!

Bryan

Glad to see a little activity on here since the car count seems low. I'll be hauling nearly 600 miles each way and plan on getting there Thursday evening (I think Marc is doing the same).

Kent O seems to think I'm so full of hot air that camping in the cold won't be a problem for me so I'm good there if anyone else is camping at the track (all us MA guy are planning on staying in trailers). We're not going to the banquet so if there are any plans outside of racing, please include us.....we can brag and lie about our driving skills with the best of y'all (you guys).

Glad to see a little activity on here since the car count seems low. I'll be hauling nearly 600 miles each way and plan on getting there Thursday evening (I think Marc is doing the same).

Kent O seems to think I'm so full of hot air that camping in the cold won't be a problem for me so I'm good there if anyone else is camping at the track (all us MA guy are planning on staying in trailers). We're not going to the banquet so if there are any plans outside of racing, please include us.....we can brag and lie about our driving skills with the best of y'all (you guys).

Good to hear, just make sure you bring plenty of clothes and blankets and hope you don't need them. Then you can make fun of us for getting a hotel when we didn't need to.

Glad to here your going John, hopefully we will be nose to tail the entire time again.

Bryan

Dave A and John K you know we all had fun at Autobahn. Let's do it again! Neal you should probably come too, it is the last race of the season for us.Bryan

I'm doubtful

I guess someone else will have to beat Off in a Corner

Inside joke............from the twisted mind of Bob Denton

Dave A and John K you know we all had fun at Autobahn. Let's do it again! Neal you should probably come too, it is the last race of the season for us.Bryan

I'm doubtful

So your saying there is a chance...

I'm doubtful

What if I bring extra Pepsi?

I'm doubtful

What if I bring extra Pepsi?

I thought you were supposed to smoke a cigarette after sex.........Do you only get a Pepsi if your having sex with yourself? LOL

• 2 weeks later...

A quick thank you to all the guys that helped make us mid atlantic guys welcome this past weekend. Kent was a big help in figuring out the track on Friday but my excursion into the wall in the rain sat broke more than I realized. Turns out the left front shock blew the top out of it. That certainly explains why I couldn't get the car to turn all day sunday!!!! I'd post the video but everyone knows what a wheel flopping around looks like

Hopefully we can get together and race again sometime........or just BS in a dry paddock all night!

Had a great time despite the rain. Great to meet the Mid-Atlantic guys--Russ, Dave and Marc. Had a great time racing with Dave until he threw his fan (accessory?) belt. When I get some time, I'll try to put together some video highlights.

Great to get the pole for Sunday's inverted start (by being slowest in the rain on Saturday). I had a lead for a whole lap & 1/2 (Lol). Great CMC group in Midwest and I look forward to coming back when both days may be dry. Here is some video of the opening laps

David DeJarnette

#678 Mid Atlantic