End links in ST6?

1jeffcat

We purchased a car with an aftermarket anti-roll bar, that came with spherical end links for the anti-roll bar.  I'm in the process of eliminating all of the other spherical suspension bits, adjustable toe links, and adjustable ball joint/A-arms, which had been an expensive PITA to try to get back the OEM suspension parts and aligning the car to get the modification factor back.  I'm modifying the car and spending money to make it worse.  ?   

Am I to presume that spherical anti-roll bar end links also need to be replaced with adjustable, non-spherical end links in order not to be assessed a mod factor?

4) Control arms,  camber arms/links,  toe  arms/links  may  be  modified,  replaced,   or  removed,  and  a  Modification  Factor will be  assessed.    Adjustable  plates, shims,  and  eccentric bolts and  bushings  for camber/caster adjustment  are  not assessed  a  Modification  Factor.  

5) Panhard rods,  watts  links,  and  torque  arms  may  be  added,  replaced,  or modified,  and  a  Modification  Factor will be  assessed.   (Subframe  connectors beneath  the  floor are  permitted  with  the  addition  of  a  torque  arm.)

6) Non-OEM  metallic and/or spherical  design  replacement  suspension  bushing modifications  on  control/camber/toe  arms/links,  panhard  rods,  watts links,  and torque  arms  shall  be  assessed  a  Modification  Factor which  is in  addition  to  and   additive  to  #4  &  #5  above.    (Includes replaced,  modified,  adjustable,  or altered control arm  ball  joints  for roll-center correction  or camber/caster adjustment.    Note:  ball  joint  may  be  welded  to  the  spindle  for added  strength)

Edited by 1jeffcat

• National Staff

Spherical  end links on sway bars are fine.   It is only the listed items that require the modification factor for sphericals. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Greg G. said:

Spherical  end links on sway bars are fine.   It is only the listed items that require the modification factor for sphericals. 

Thank you.  This saves me from a huge headache.  Thanks Greg.  :)