Mustang Suspension Tuning Help

Rapidroy10

Hello racers,

I was going to try asking this in the CMC area, but I can't start a new post there. Not much action there anyway, it seems.

As my topic states, I have been racing my 2003 Mustang V6 in ST5 and am really hoping there is someone who is also racing one (in any class) that has it sorted out and can help me get a handle on the suspension.

I have been competitive for brief moments but it is generally just awful. It can't make up its mind to be tight or loose, sometimes in the same corner. It will feel like it is spinning an inside wheel - even with a new 31 spline/carbon clutch LSD upgrade. Trying to scale the car has been an exercise in futility - get a cross weight reading, make an adjustment to increase it, and the reading goes LOWER when the car is lowered onto the scales. It feels totally bound up and I'm not sure what to change first.

I will spare you all from going into the car construction details and just leave this request for assistance here - unless its a slow news week and you guys are curious 8) then I will happily share what I have done.  

Please message me, post here or email if you feel like helping.

Thank you and good day.

Roy

rapid.roy(at)Hotmail(dot)com

• Administrators

Hi Roy-

On 7/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, Rapidroy10 said:

Hello racers,

I was going to try asking this in the CMC area, but I can't start a new post there. Not much action there anyway, it seems.

As my topic states, I have been racing my 2003 Mustang V6 in ST5 and am really hoping there is someone who is also racing one (in any class) that has it sorted out and can help me get a handle on the suspension.

I have been competitive for brief moments but it is generally just awful. It can't make up its mind to be tight or loose, sometimes in the same corner. It will feel like it is spinning an inside wheel - even with a new 31 spline/carbon clutch LSD upgrade. Trying to scale the car has been an exercise in futility - get a cross weight reading, make an adjustment to increase it, and the reading goes LOWER when the car is lowered onto the scales. It feels totally bound up and I'm not sure what to change first.

I will spare you all from going into the car construction details and just leave this request for assistance here - unless its a slow news week and you guys are curious 8) then I will happily share what I have done.  

Please message me, post here or email if you feel like helping.

Thank you and good day.

Roy

rapid.roy(at)Hotmail(dot)com

I just fixed the permission issue in the CMC forum so no you can post there. Please provide a build sheet for your car so we can help you here. Without knowing what configuration suspension, tires etc. you are running it will be hard to point you in the right direction. 

Roman