Active Aero in TT

targajoe

Hello,

I am thinking of running my 2016 Cayman S in TT3 this year.  I am reading the ST1-ST4 rules in the Modifications section and I see the below.  My car has the stock rear spoiler which raises at speed(I typically just run with it extended when on track).  Is this considered active aero and disqualify the car from running in TT3?  Thank you.  

"6.1.1 Active aerodynamic devices and/or modifications (including, but not limited to, computerized, cockpit adjustable, self-adjusting, and OEM) are not permitted."

Joe K. 

Technically yes, that's active aero. However, I think you could make the argument that it's not active aero if you ensure it's always fully extended. Is it possible to extend it and then disconnect a wiring connector to keep it in that position? I'm not sure how those systems work. Either way, I would talk with your regional TT director to see if you can make a compromise like that so you don't have to entirely replace the spoiler.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 7:32 AM, dwesterwick said:

Technically yes, that's active aero. However, I think you could make the argument that it's not active aero if you ensure it's always fully extended. Is it possible to extend it and then disconnect a wiring connector to keep it in that position? I'm not sure how those systems work. Either way, I would talk with your regional TT director to see if you can make a compromise like that so you don't have to entirely replace the spoiler.

Thank you.   I am waiting for reply from regional director.   I am pretty sure I can extend and pull fuse if they would go for that.