Spec Focus Rules are posted.

FocusTed

• 2 weeks later...

Cool that hte rules are up, but unless I'm blind (very well could be) I did'nt see any Northern or Southern Cali "Spec Focus" listed at any track dates???? I have a CMC car I'm building but am really considering running my Focus.... I ran it in an HPDE last year at B-Willow and had a blast ands was VERY impressed in the cars stock handling...

Thanks

Cool that hte rules are up, but unless I'm blind (very well could be) I did'nt see any Northern or Southern Cali "Spec Focus" listed at any track dates???? I have a CMC car I'm building but am really considering running my Focus.... I ran it in an HPDE last year at B-Willow and had a blast ands was VERY impressed in the cars stock handling...

Thanks

Yeah, I saw that too. They are working on it to have it up.

Normally it's up to every region to put it up on their track dates.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

This Spec Focus series seems just the ticket. I am very interested in it. I have been running PRO 7 w/ SCCA and find I am tiring of working w/ 20 yr old tech, a regional only classification, and the looming lack of parts (transmissions in particular). As such, I am considering changing classes.

Can anyone tell me how many cars are currently being constructed, a good source for the cars to transform into racers, and direct me to information to aid me in deciphering which engine I am looking at as I search for the car. The rules regarding the engines confuses me. Is the SCREAM USAC Midget engine legal for the class? Which car body styles would be acceptable (better) over others, etc.

I appreciate all information/suggestions anyone might give. I am looking forward to getting started soon. I am also considering Spec Miata but the early models are now nearly 20 yrs old themselves and I believe the SPec Miata 2 would be too costly for me.

Regards,

Chip Nichols

• 4 weeks later...

Chip,

It's hard to say how many are being build. But, I believe there's 15 cars being built right now with 4 of them finish and 2 more within a month or so.

There's a couple of companies out there that are going to be buliding cars for people.

They are F2focus.com and capaldiracing.com

As for body styles most people use is the ZX3, but maybe the sedan might work the best.