Portable NASA-TT calculator?

DriverGT5

Is there any way to get the whole NASA-TT calculator on a laptop? We'd like to be able to load it on a couple so that we can easily class cars at events without pulling out paper and trying to run numbers. Thanks,

Rob

• National Staff

We do have the ability to do it; however, we still need the drivers/owners to fill out the Car Classification Form so that we have a permanent record of their declarations, written by their hand, without any excuses such as: someone must have checked off the wrong box, or someone did the classification for me on a laptop, or the program made a mistake because....etc. The Car Classification Program is just a tool to assist drivers that want to "play" with possible modification combinations. As we have seen already, there can be errors that occur with it that are not immediately obvious. Also, if the database is not updated every time a new Provisional Classification is made, it will lead to errors, and more blame the computer excuses. Also the print out from the on-line calculator is not very user-friendly when a TT Director wants to inspect a car for compliance. The best way to do this is to have the completed Car Classification Form in hand, and go down each item as a check list.

Remind me at the race and we can pull the site up on my phone/pda. I've used it (the old one) before without problems. It won't be as fast as wireless on a laptop (or a software version), but it's faster than dial-up. It would be a good temporary solution, anyway...

There was a Stand Alone Time Trial Calculator last year that you could setup and run on a laptop. Once we get everything ironed out for 2006, then we'll release the SATTC again to NASA-TT Directors.

We released it only to TT Directors so that would could more easily know who to send updates. AFAIK, only one region used it last year.

• Members

Once you figure out the points, its done. No need for a portable one really, is there?

(Although I do take my laptop with me to the track so, sort of the same.)

Once you figure out the points, its done. No need for a portable one really, is there?

What don't you take to the track????

TT Cal=54 points

On paper=56 points

Could you email me your car and mods? I'd like to see what's up. jhoward (at) drivenasa.com

Jim, I was wrong more than one time! I have gone through my paper version and marked everything on it to the calculator. The Calculator came up with 55, so I went back and checked my addition on my paper.......55 points! So I can't add

But this time i didn't mark down my race seat or rollbar either!

Thanks Jim, John

• Members

My wife! rimshot!

My wife! rimshot!

You I set you up for that one.