Roll Bar Padding

GAC

I know the CCR clearly calls out the need for padding anywhere on a roll cage where the driver might impact the cage, but what about a roll bar that is entirely behind the driver's seat? Does padding need to be installed anywhere there as far as TT is concerned?

If your running a stock seat i would cover the main hoop, x brace, and harness bar.

Even in a racecar in an impact, you would be surprised how much EVERTHING move's!

Beside's padding is cheap

If your running a stock seat i would cover the main hoop, x brace, and harness bar.

Even in a racecar in an impact, you would be surprised how much EVERTHING move's!

Beside's padding is cheap

Nope, FIA Recaro seats.

• Members
Dan I just covered my Autopower rollbar, and I used 2 3ft sections on the main hoop and 1 on cross brace.

Good to know.

Dan, I just powdered my nose, used 2 tissues.

Oops, meant to ask, you have a rollbar now?

Ive found that building a cage takes ALOT of time. Almost done.

In case you havent gotten an answer yet, basically anywhere you can touch the cage from being belted in the drivers seat, it should have padding on it. Greg said you have long ape-like arms, you should cover the whole thing with padding.

Ha, nice work Shawn. I have the strength of 10 chimps...Greg is correct.

I don't think anything behind me will have any incidence of coming into contact. As for my car and a rollbar, we'll have to see whan pans out. Stay tuned!

Edited by Guest

Dan I just covered my Autopower rollbar, and I used 2 3ft sections on the main hoop and 1 on cross brace.

Good to know.

Dan, I just powdered my nose, used 2 tissues.

Oops, meant to ask, you have a rollbar now?

Ive found that building a cage takes ALOT of time. Almost done.

In case you havent gotten an answer yet, basically anywhere you can touch the cage from being belted in the drivers seat, it should have padding on it. Greg said you have long ape-like arms, you should cover the whole thing with padding.