TT4 questions for a 1998 Mustang GT

Depaja

Hello All,

I have a 1998 Mustang GT that I was prepping as a CMC car. I'm no longer interested in wheel to wheel racing and I'm now interested in TT4. I have a few questions on switching from CMC prep to TT4 with this SN95 Mustang GT.

1 - Does TT4 require door glass? I have already removed the door glass in prepping my car for CMC. Would I require a safety net since the glass is gone? The factory side impact bars are still intact.

2 - I see that I don't have to run a roll bar, but I want to. Could I run with a NHRA approved 6 point bar?

3 - Engine mods: As long as I hit my power to weight ratio as calculated with the ST4/TT4 - 12.00:1 calculator, can I run a carb / MSD Mod6 combo? My factory EFI and ECU are non-functional due to a fire, long story and the reason for this project race car.

4 - Would the Toyo Proxes RR in the 245/40ZR17 size mounted on the factory 17x8 inch wheels still be under the NASA Section Width 266mm or smaller requirement?

Thanks for any help answering these questions for me!

-Mike

• National Staff
2 hours ago, Depaja said:

Hello All,

I have a 1998 Mustang GT that I was prepping as a CMC car. I'm no longer interested in wheel to wheel racing and I'm now interested in TT4. I have a few questions on switching from CMC prep to TT4 with this SN95 Mustang GT.

1 - Does TT4 require door glass? I have already removed the door glass in prepping my car for CMC. Would I require a safety net since the glass is gone? The factory side impact bars are still intact.

2 - I see that I don't have to run a roll bar, but I want to. Could I run with a NHRA approved 6 point bar?

3 - Engine mods: As long as I hit my power to weight ratio as calculated with the ST4/TT4 - 12.00:1 calculator, can I run a carb / MSD Mod6 combo? My factory EFI and ECU are non-functional due to a fire, long story and the reason for this project race car.

4 - Would the Toyo Proxes RR in the 245/40ZR17 size mounted on the factory 17x8 inch wheels still be under the NASA Section Width 266mm or smaller requirement?

Thanks for any help answering these questions for me!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Please make sure to fully read the ST classing rules and the TT Rules.

1- Front glass is not required.  Rear side and rear glass needs to be there or replaced with Lexan. (ST Rules 6.3 for ST4)

2- See the NASA CCR 11.4.7 on page 29

3- Yes, you can run a carb and MSD Mod6 combo

4- Yes, the RR in 245 on an 8 inch wheel will fit the 266mm section width tool

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greg G. said:

Hi Mike,

Please make sure to fully read the ST classing rules and the TT Rules.

1- Front glass is not required.  Rear side and rear glass needs to be there or replaced with Lexan. (ST Rules 6.3 for ST4)

2- See the NASA CCR 11.4.7 on page 29

3- Yes, you can run a carb and MSD Mod6 combo

4- Yes, the RR in 245 on an 8 inch wheel will fit the 266mm section width tool

Thank you Greg! I'll be sure to check out all the rules. It's a little confusing at first with having to check ST, TT, CCR and the TT calculator. I'll cut and paste all the rules that apply and make a master document to go over.

Thanks again,

-Mike