1999 Miata w/ Hardtop - Incomplete PTE build

Seefo

So I have owned this car from 2010. I basically track prep'd it through out the years, but started getting into other hobbies (including chump and the such around 2014). There is a lot of history, but I don't want to make a giant ad that's annoying to go through. Car has ~ 81k miles on it. I bought it @ 47k miles. I removed it from insurance for track only around 2012/2013. Its probably got about 10-12k miles on track. from 2012-2015 I did approx. 8-12 track weekends a year. Oil changes every 2-3 track weekends depending on other driving in between, replaced trans+diff fluids every year while actively tracking it. Located in NC (27703 area). MOAR PICS. $6000.

History:
- Tracked the car in August of 2010 first time.
- Slowly added parts/stuff as I got faster/money/time.
- Around 2013/2014 I started to plan for PTE.
- Scrapped those plans and joined a Chump/ChampCar team around 2015/2016.
- Continued tracking the car on the side for fun/HPDE/Instructing.
- I basically stopped tracking/racing cars around 2018.
- The car has mostly sat there since I sold my tow vehicle around 2019.
- Babies happen (~1.5 years ago), and since then I have slowly fixed/ran the car in hopes to sell it/drive it again.

The Bad:
- The car has been sitting for the better part of the last 3-4 years.
- Might be difficult to make street legal (Comes with all the parts though...but still it would not be the most comfortable street car. Parts wise: EGR valve & front o2 comes with the car...may have other emissions related issues but can't remember).
- Transmission SOMETIMES has a light grind in 3rd gear near the end of a hard 25 minute session on track. Its happened occasionally with me, but not often enough that I worried about it. Taking it easy on the fast shifts later in sessions will not grind.
- Has some dents/dings from tirewalls. Also replaced the front bumper (Front bumper is from a donor car and doesn't match color wise).
- Obviously, you will want to tow or plan to get a temp tag for it.

The Good:
- Car is fast (VIR-F 2.18.9 on 205 NT-01s - See video below of the lap). With some of the additions it comes with, it could be faster than that (not to mention tires). I am also not the greatest driver & if you follow the predictive timer, I lose about a half-second+ in a braking zone. I think the car is probably good for a low 2.17 with the right driver & conditions.
- New fluids and its ready to be tracked again (oil & coolant flush already done).
- Comes with a metric SHIT TON of replacement parts.
- I had a stint in 2017 where I was planning to turbo the car, so it has a vacuum gauge and an AFR.
- Replaced fuel and the car ran + drove fine. Starts up great, didn't have any issues on 20+ minutes driving around neighborhoods and back roads.
- Weighted in at ~2200 with driver + full fluids. obviously will gain some with a cage.

The Modifications:
- 2001 front + headlights.
- MSM cam + reshim (comes with the original cam)
- Lightweight flywheel + flyin miata 1.8 clutch.
- Comes with a Square top intake manifold.
- Comes with the kia rear gear + pinion ( was/is attractive for a 6 spd swap & PTE)
- Oil cooler + Coolant reroute
- Wilwood master cylinder + prop. valve (Comes with a bunch of different brake boosters + cylinders for your customization).
- Xida club sport (Gen 1?), Spherical top hats, RB Hollow Front, MSM Rear
- RB header, Borla 2.25" mandrel exhaust
- RaceTech seats + 6 pt. harnesses (ALL EXPIRED)
- Oil pressure, Oil Temperature, corrected stock water temp gauge, AFR, & Vacuum gauges.
- Depowered & de-sealed Steering rack.
- No AC, but retained the blower + ducts for on track defogging.
- HAS A HARD TOP. Comes with bolt in brackets.
- Doors are gutted.
- Poly bushings + Zerk fittings.
- 15x8 6ULs (2nd or 3rd gen, not sure).

Parts it comes with:
- Hardtop
- Squaretop manifold
- 2 extra front bumpers including a 99
- 1 extra rear bumper
- Kia diff
- A BUNCH of stock parts, including brake boosters, pads, master cylinders, control arms, stock intake, o2 sensors, fuel injectors, etc.
- A second oil thermostat for the oil cooler.
- A spare 5 speed trans.
- Stock exhaust
- A bunch of random other aftermarket parts (longer wheel studs, brackets, etc. etc.)
- A lot of cobwebs :)

img_20220101_145654_0843fa8af1861ef3d89660db2560049957c31fba.jpg
img_20220101_145631_c71747077d675049323ba31e43d3c03510bbcd08.jpg
img_20220101_145641_86d002737a159a3486f7da47d3e6fec22515b9e8.jpg

jcdluux_jpeg_276fb10c7edf8a927942f63151310586a0f42f1d.jpg

\
m3ic1q0_jpeg_8e9d40db2fd5347775c992cf3c735c1f011b233b.jpg

VIR-F Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1lQBtxORRQ

Walk-around & Neighborhood drive videos

Edited by Seefo

• Seefo changed the title to 1999 Miata w/ Hardtop - Incomplete PTE build