Corvette GS ('96 C4)??

Falcon

• National Staff
Greg, why does the Corvette Grand Sport have a 7 point penalty while the other '96's with the LT4 option don't?

Who says they don't? Cars are classified based on the standard model without factory options. The LT4 was a factory option for '96 C4's, not the standard engine, which therefore makes it an engine swap, requiring new base classing. I don't see why we wouldn't just move a C4 with the LT4 option up to TTC*, though.

I don't see why we wouldn't just move a C4 with the LT4 option up to TTC*, though.

That would probably make more sense.

The other problem is the Grand Sport gets the advantage of 315 tires on the rear that the regular C4, with a LT4, wouldn't get.

Doggone, I don't see how you keep up with all this.

• National Staff

So, I'm going to write up the C4 with the LT4 engine as TTC*, alongside the GS. I'm approving these cars for an update to the GS tire size (275 front, 315 rear) as their "OEM" tire size for purposes of calculating tire width points assessments. They will have to use the GS listed curb weight for purposes of calculations using the alternate weight reduction method--3350 pounds.