Car Numbers

Talon

I was browsing though the pics for HPDEs and most of the cars have numbers. My question is, are magnetic numbers strong enough to stay on the car while tracking?

Where did you get them from?

The magnetic numbers work on some tracks, and it depends on the car too..

I think gogogear can make them for you. I got mine from Edecals a long time ago. From what I have seen the magnets seem to work better (and a little tape on the leading edge)

Magnetics are pretty inexpensive and are neat looking (better than tape!)If you do use magnetics, just use a little tape on the leading edge. I drive a pokey little Honda Civic and still managed to blow one untaped one off, I think it was at Thunder Hill...

Magnetics work very well, it's better to use a single number plate for each side of the car. I also have a little trick for you; If you put the number plates leading edge about 1.5-2 inches from the leading edge of the door, you should be able to get by without using tape. The turbulence from the crack in the door will not allow the wind to catch the leading edge of the number plate.

It works very well.

• 2 weeks later...