New to NASA - What Class?

DarkATi

Hey all,

I have a 1988 FC RX-7 (2nd Generation). Stock, aside from an aftermarket exhaust. What class would that put me in? It has a 13B rotary engine inside. No turbo. (N/A). No weight reduction, no roll cage or anything like that.

I'm looking to have some fun without dropping much cash into her for now.

Here's a pic:

rx7cons2.jpg

My first car - I love it. Looking to keep it rotary. Any other rotary guys around here? I just went to my first NASA event today and saw three FB's, no FC's. Any FC RX-7 drivers post here? What's your setup like? I need to rework my suspension badly. Stock springs are no fun after 18 years... what springs are recommended? I want a pretty stiff ride and I'm set on Tokico Illumina shocks but unsure of what springs to get... I've heard the Eibach Pro Kit for the FC isn't that wondeful...

Thanks for enduring all my newbie questions,

Cody

you want to run the Time Trial (TT) series, or you actually want to race ??

andy

Umm... good question... since I'm new to racing entirely... TT probably. But I'd like to race "for real" later on.

Cody

Cody - check then, on the TT forums, those guys will know what class you will end up in. The TT series is great, good drivers.

andy

Your car would be in TTE*( * is +7 points) But it will take you about a year or so to get to Time Trials. You will start in HPDE1 and work your way up. If you want to race, do not spend any $$$ on your car(just up keep) and save up for a pre built race car!

Have fun for now!