Need help on race weekend? I’m your man!

carguy131313

Hello my name is Michael Mihalka. I recently graduated from Arizona State University with a mechanical engineering degree and an emphasis in automotive engineering. I am looking to join a race team as a volunteer so that I may gain hands on racing experience. I would prefer to work with an open wheel team but I am not limiting myself to just those classes, after all, a day at the track is a day at the track. I DO have experience in a race team environment and I am very capable with my hands. To give you an idea of my qualifications I have studied vehicle dynamics, especially in a racing application and I have been a member of ASU’s SAE team for my entire college education. For those of you that do not know what SAE is, it is the Society of Automotive Engineers and we participate in the formula car event; an event in which a college team designs and builds an entire formula car from the ground up (except the engine). While I was involved with SAE I served as the President, Vice-President, and Suspension team leader, thus I designed and analyzed the entire suspension for the car. I also have machining skills which include operating a Mill/Drill as well as limited use of a lathe and CNC machine. I am also quick with a wrench and would make a suitable tire changer or race mechanic. I worked for Discount Tire for 6 years changing tires and believe me you get very fast with an impact wrench at that job. I also work on my own vehicles on a regular basis, so again I reiterate, I am very savvy with a wrench. To see a resume which includes a bit more detail about me you can contact me at [email protected] or reply to this post. If you or anyone you know is looking for a volunteer on race weekends please contact me and I’ll get in touch with you immediately. I am willing to travel as far north as San Francisco and as far east as New Mexico. I will be working out of Arizona if that helps but please don't let that discourage you from contacting me.

Thanks in Advance

Mike Mihalka

Mike, I would keep in touch and keep asking all these guys with notes like this. This is a great offer and a lot of team need your help. The season just started and as it goes, help is always needed.

I might even use you at some point....

Thanks,

Andy

• 1 month later...