Need rules help on mods

autox10

As a lurker turning newby, I was thinking of doing TT in the Midwest region. The post noting that the 240hp BMW Mcoupe would be assessed 7 points has made my points calculations closer than I had thought, so..

1. Swapping upper front strut mounts side to side is 1 point?

2. Are Bilstein sport shocks and struts considered an upgrade? How about the HD versions?

3. Are poly sway bar bushings and or heim jointed end links on stock sway bars assessed points?

4. These cars need reinforcement in the rear end for track use to prevent the dif mount from breaking and spot welds in the trunk floor from popping. Would that count as chassis stiffening?

Thanks.

• National Staff
As a lurker turning newby, I was thinking of doing TT in the Midwest region. The post noting that the 240hp BMW Mcoupe would be assessed 7 points has made my points calculations closer than I had thought, so..

1. Swapping upper front strut mounts side to side is 1 point?

2. Are Bilstein sport shocks and struts considered an upgrade? How about the HD versions?

3. Are poly sway bar bushings and or heim jointed end links on stock sway bars assessed points?

4. These cars need reinforcement in the rear end for track use to prevent the dif mount from breaking and spot welds in the trunk floor from popping. Would that count as chassis stiffening?

Thanks.

I don't understand what you mean by "swapping upper front strut mounts side to side".

Any non-OEM shock or strut is considered an upgrade, just like it says in the rules.

Yes, poly bushings and/or heim joints on end links are assessed points, unless points have already been taken for the aftermarket sway bars.

I believe that we decided that spot welds on the rear end of the M-coupe would be assessed points. I don't currently have access to the file where that was decided. I'll have to get back to you on that, but perhaps the driver that asked for the ruling will speak up.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

1. That would be bolting the right front upper strut mount in the tower on the left side of the car and vice versa. As they're not symmetric, doing that gives a little negative camber.

2. I guess the question really should have been are either of the Bilstein's considered OEM replacements? Sounds like no.

Thanks again