2023 Rules Submission??

ChuggLifeRacing

Is there a 2023 Rules discussion going on anywhere? Is there any submission forum? Is something being discussed for changes next year that we as a community are aware of? I have checked both this Forum and Facebook and have seen nothing. I see other classes are well underway and having healthy discussions. When do we expect to see this happen for Super touring? 

Thanks

• National Staff

Hi Adam,

We have these discussions year round in ST/TT here, in person, and at times on FB.  We accept requests for rule revisions by e-mail year round as well.  We made a lot of changes with the tire rules last year, and the Technical Bulletins during the year, which will be incorporated into the '23 Rules.  We can start a thread here, but I would hope that most requests have already been proposed somewhere by now.

How about a rule that ST5 can have a sequential transmission with a similear penalty for other DCTs.  Makes no sense with the MX-5 Cup cars that are starting to become availalbe from MX-5 Cup.  

It really comes down to NASA doesn't really want factory cars running as they are concerned it will increase costs for everyone. MX5 is hardly exotic though, it's a street car modified just like every other racecar. Interesting datapoint a new mx5 global cup does start at a lower price than the NP01 nasa racer. I think T3 SCCA will be better Joe if you have that in your region. I'll do local NASA races for practice and sit in the back of ST4 and focus elsewhere.