Pat L's Sport Compact Car write up.

RedRicer

I just wanted to congratulate Pat Lindsey on his write up in Sport Compact Car for his Audi time trial monster. Way to get a ton of publicity for time trialers. It takes a lot for the Ricers out there to give any credit to any car that wasn't made in Japan. For that mag to put an Audi in it without making fun of it is impressive. I was stunned when I realized this was the same guy who is giving out advice on this forum. Most impressive! Check out the latest issue to see what I am talking about.

Thanks for the nice words. Mike Kojima, a fellow NASA racer and time trialer, wrote that article and did a fantastic job. Some things in the article may be a little embellished since it's a marketing tool for AMS (shop that did the drivetrain work on my car), but most of it is true.

I was most impressed with what was in the back of the magazine - Mike Kojima and Russ Warr participated in a little test to determine who is faster in a given car, the owner or a pro... Russ proved what we already knew: He's a helluva driver and true to form he was half a second faster than the pro driver in his STI. Chalk one up for the Time Trial boys

Huh? I didn't realize a 3400lb car qualified as "compact"?!?

Just kidding - I have to make the S4 jokes because my buddy does HPDE 3 in a black 2000 S4 and is considering Time Trials. He already has the power up and is considering sending a check to Stasis next week. Needless to say I swung by Borders on the way home and picked up a copy of the magazine for him.

Great writeup! I hope to see that black blur fly by me at MidOhio.

- Mark

Chalk one up for the Time Trial boys

I thought that was great too and opened my eyes to the value of HPDE training. It also makes me wonder what the difference between guys who get paid $$$ to race\drive and the guys who regularly drive, race, and win the NASA\SCCA Club events. Luck? Looks? Marketing? Timing? Contacts? Is it really just about who you know?

• National Staff
Luck? Looks? Marketing? Timing? Contacts? Is it really just about who you know?

Sounds like you hit all of them except one--"rich or famous daddy".

Luck? Looks? Marketing? Timing? Contacts? Is it really just about who you know?

Sounds like you hit all of them except one--"rich or famous daddy".

Yeah, the all-important "last name factor". Or as JWL so eloquently coined it a while back: "The lucky sperm club"