Roll Call for Buttonwillow April 8th

SRC/SampsonRacingComm.

not very likely for April. Maybe next event. Car still in pieces and I need to find some time to complete. good luck and we will see you sometime this year.

Good luck to you, Shawn. If you hear of any available rides, do let me know. It would be worth skipping the Grand-Am race at Long Beach to get behind the wheel!

I don't know what class yet, but expect that we'll run it in SU, as our goal is to get our LS1 V8 powered Porsche 951 out there in SU. This way we could pick up some points, even if not competetive. Who knows though, as the fuel economy should be pretty darn good. Heck, on the drive back from Alabama to CA I got between 27-30mpg, so we'll see how it does in race conditions.

It's my understanding that NASA has bought off on the new class, and once there are 10 cars, that it will be accepted, though I don't know where it'll fit in the Enduros.

Anyone?...

2.5l engine, 201hp, 180tq.

2700lbs. spec. min. weight w/driver

coilovers

225/45/17 fr, 255/40/17 rr Victoracers as spec tires

no engine mods or headers

free exhaust

6pts. max. for cage with A-pillar welding ok

I'll have to contact the NASA office, but curious if someone here has an idea?

Steve

Good luck to you, Shawn. If you hear of any available rides, do let me know. It would be worth skipping the Grand-Am race at Long Beach to get behind the wheel!

While I don't think we'll have a ride open for this enduro, we do plan on having rides available for future enduros and races, even the 25 hour. I spoke with Gwan at TRS and he vouches for your quality as a driver and a person who is also good on equipment.

So if you or anyone else is interested, feel free to contact me at:

[email protected]

The car is being built and serviced by Stuttgart Performance who has a lot of Grand Am Cup experience, plus the cage is being done by Pierce Motorsports, who has extensive rally and off-road experience.

Steven - Thanks for the update about your team. Do keep my posted regarding future developments.

I'm glad to learn the Gwan put in a good word for me. We had fun playing with the Grand-Am Cup guys a few years ago.

Neal Looney out of N.Cal is also looking for a ride- 510 393 7701

Hey Webb, have you found a ride?

E2 class, we are trying to make a money pot of $50 per team with a winner take all.

Make sure you let ryan or myself now if you want to be part of it.

Thx

benny

Benny, tell you what... you talk Ryan into letting our car be part of that deal and will split the pot !

I know, I know, that Honda of yours will beat our 20 year old Mazda any day....

Hey guys - first post!

I'll be driving the enduro (spec E30 / KP car); it sounds like 3-4 other BMW club racers will be as well.

Looks like a pretty full event - anyone have an idea re how many cars will be running in the enduro?

Steve Dais