TT driver development

V8cobra99

Thanks Greg and NASA....

After the California Speedway event, I got a chance to review videos of the TT and American Iron, SU and Vette Viper Challenge races. It is so impressive to see the quality driving by the TT group. In slow motion, you can see virtually every TT car hit the apex lines, and pass with quickness and without stress (I am sure some white nuckles were in there somewhere....).

Among other TT/HPDE drivers, Patrick Lindsey drove a great race on both days. A product of TT and HPDE. Man, he gave Ryan Walton a real run for the money on the Sunday race, and going from a 4-wheel drive Audi to a Mustang is no easy trick. I had a birds eye view the whole race being just 1-2 seconds behind those guys and it was some of the best driving....

Greg - I mean it sincerely, the work you do and the end product NASA is developing with quality drivers is awesome.

Andy

Big 2nd! I've been impressed for a long time by the talent in TT. Not just guys demonstrating great car control**, but always driving clean, fast lines and having increadible awareness of their surroundings. I've learned a lot about going fast and carrying momentum by driving behind some of our TT E and F drivers. I've defended the TT format in discussions with seasoned racers mostly regarding the topic of driver development. My arguement to this day is that the HPDE/TT progression is the best preparation available for drivers wanting to race. Obviously HPDE teaches drivers the basics of car control and vehicle dynamics - and TT brings in the depth of driving in proximity to other cars and of course traffic management. In the SoCal region, Greg has done a fantastic job of getting us some great pregrid and practice start experience. When I did the Driving Concepts licensing school last year I was way ahead of the curve thanks to the experience gained in HPDE/TT.

Andy, thanks for the "props"! I'm still learning the mustang so we'll see if the rookie can get a podium before the year is out You're a talented driver/racer yourself and it's awesome that racers can jump into a HPDE/TT group and be impressed by the talent.

*TT Shootout at Buttonwillow, Deiter was doing a helluva job chasing me down and I was going to make him earn a point-by... going over Magic Mountain I saw quite the sight in my rear view mirror: he had one front tire on the ground after using all of the berm and had enough opposite steering input that the glare off those big enkie wheels just about made me drive off the track. He landed the Evo-Ollie like a pro - such a badass sight!

*Two words - Russ Warr

• Members

Sheez, that aint drivin. Wait til its dry and we can actually get on it.

Thats driving!

Well, I can only speak for myself. All I got were 2 soaker sessions on saturday and the morning warmup on sunday.

On the other hand, I had ZERO tire wear.

I've learned a lot about going fast and carrying momentum by driving behind some of our TT E and F drivers.

Pat Diddy,

Thanks for recognizing us slow asses. We shake the crop at our gerbils underhood as best we can.

Sheez, that aint drivin. Wait til its dry and we can actually get on it.

Thats driving!

Well, I can only speak for myself. All I got were 2 soaker sessions on saturday and the morning warmup on sunday.

On the other hand, I had ZERO tire wear.

I thought you like it wet Shawn??

• Members
Pat Diddy,

Thanks for recognizing us slow asses. We shake the crop at our gerbils underhood as best we can.

Hey, you keep what you do with your gerbils to yourself. Sicko.

Pat and I will walk around the pits at the next event Unpimping ze rhides. (I got him the blond wig and everything!)

Vee doubleU engineerhing in ze Haus, y'all!

I thought you like it wet Shawn??

I do. What?

Pat Diddy,

Hey, you keep what you do with your gerbils to yourself. Sicko.

Pat and I will walk around the pits at the next event Unpimping ze rhides. (I got him the blond wig and everything!)

Vee doubleU engineerhing in ze Haus, y'all!

Watch out Ted! We're going to unpimp "The Lame" first