(ST4/TT4) Body & Tire, question and clarifications

Justin M.

Hello,

Couple of questions as I am moving from TT5 to TT4 with my e36 BMW.

1) I have Hard Motorsports fender flares. It looks like those may not meet the criteria in 6.2.1.3 and I would have to take the -0.3 for "Fender venting and/or wide body fenders", is that correct?

2) I used Hoosier R7's in TT5 before the tire rule changes. For TT4 and R7's, I would just select the "Not applicable" under tire type, correct?

Thanks!

1. I'm not sure what part of the rules you're referring to there. But as long as your fender flares are not vented and their main purpose is to cover the tires, you don't need to take any mod points. See the ST4 rules 6.3.8:

8) Rolled or flared fenders (includes add-on flares--only to the extent necessary to cover the tire as viewed from above—not viewed from the front or rear)

I don't remember if mine were from Hard Motorsports, but they were similar (see picture).

2. Yes, If you run R7's "Not applicable" is correct.

81457196-_P__2376.jpg

3 hours ago, int2str said:

1. I'm not sure what part of the rules you're referring to there. But as long as your fender flares are not vented and their main purpose is to cover the tires, you don't need to take any mod points. See the ST4 rules 6.3.8:

Rolled or flared fenders (includes add-on flares--only to the extent necessary to cover the tire as viewed from above—not viewed from the front or rear)

I don't remember if mine were from Hard Motorsports, but they were similar (see picture).

2. Yes, If you run R7's "Not applicable" is correct.

Thanks! Yes, my flares are almost exactly like yours.

The wide body fenders thing is something new on the calculator. So that is what got me looking at this to make sure I wasn't missing something.

In 6.4.2.7 it reads:

7) With the assessed Modification Factor in Section 6.5 - Fender venting and/or non-OEM wide body fenders to the extent permitted in Section 6.2.1.3.

But, I didn't see that the BTM aero stuff is all allowed in the first part of that section, 6.4.2.1, which includes your 6.3.8 reference.

Thanks for the help, I think it is more clear for me now ?