HPDE Pre tech inspections

Motion 3

Hey all. Just a question about getting the car teched before an HPDE. I have run with the PCA before and they tech the cars for DE's at the event. According to Nasa's deal, you take your car to a "tech station" in your area prior to the event. In my case, we have no such "tech station" here in UT. So with that , am I stuck with the $40.00 tech fee at the track? Is it a pain to get your car teched at the event? Any feedback on this will help me. Thanks in advance!

• National Staff
Hey all. Just a question about getting the car teched before an HPDE. I have run with the PCA before and they tech the cars for DE's at the event. According to Nasa's deal, you take your car to a "tech station" in your area prior to the event. In my case, we have no such "tech station" here in UT. So with that , am I stuck with the $40.00 tech fee at the track? Is it a pain to get your car teched at the event? Any feedback on this will help me. Thanks in advance!

I believe that the Rocky Mountain Region policy is that if you live more than 60 miles from a tech station, you can get it done at the track (don't think you need to pay). But, you are also supposed to notify them that you will need to be teched. E-mail Dave at [email protected] to get the real answer

We have one shop in Sandy that does HPDE tech (Mpact and they are on the list) and we are adding a few more as quick as we can. I know Compeition Associates will be up and running soon.

Somebody was going to send me the info on another shop there as well.... We're open to suggestions if you have a favorite shop.

Here is a complete list: http://www.nasarockymountain.com/techshops.pdf

We (Rocky Mountain) don't charge at the track but if you wait do it Saturday AM and there is something wrong with the car you'll miss track time till you get it fixed.

Thanks guys. My boss probably is the one who contacted you BPanther. We have four cars that run DE's out of our shop on a regular basis. If it comes down to it, I'll have the guys at Mpact tech my car. Thanks again guys!