Subaru Legacy Outback - Ok for HPDE?

BoxedFox

This might be a tough one. I have someone with a 95 Legacy Outback (the first tall legacy wagon) who's thinking about HPDEs. Would it be ok for HPDE?

I've seen a VW Passat station wagon, with a soccer mom driving in HPDE1

They will be fine

I have also seen a Porsche Cayenne in HPDE 1 and 2

Haha nice. I'm personally not too worried about the trackworthiness of the car (might not be very fast but I don't see any serious problems). The only thing I'm really worried about is the possibility of a complaint from the techs about the high center of gravity.

Haha nice. I'm personally not too worried about the trackworthiness of the car (might not be very fast but I don't see any serious problems). The only thing I'm really worried about is the possibility of a complaint from the techs about the high center of gravity.

i just saw a legacy GT wagon on the track this weekend. You will not have a problem passing tech.

i just saw a legacy GT wagon on the track this weekend. You will not have a problem passing tech.

I drove my 99 Outback as pace for touring laps at Shenandoah...While I was not at 10/10 by any strech it handled fine. My tires on that car ar all seasons so that was my limitation. I ran the pressures up to 44psi for sunday and that helped . Body roll wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either.

There's a guy I see at events at Buttonwillow in an Outback. He embarasses a hell of a lot of guys in "sports" cars. Additionally the CG could be about the same in an Outback as it is in some 'classic' sportscars that show regularly (and the Outback probably has a better suspension and more power to boot).