Stupid n00b Classing ?s...

Crack Monkey

Hey all,

I have some fairly n00bish questions regarding car classifications...

The car in question is a 1997 Mazda Miata M Edition.

If I'm reading the rules correctly, I need to take the following "bonus" points...

+7 for being a Miata

+7 Tires (Kumho V710)

+1 Tire width (225, vs stock 195)

+1 non-OEM driver seat

+1 catback exhaust

+3? LSD (base model didn't have it, but it was standard on the M)

+4 adj. shocks

+2 swaybar

+1 brake pads

---------------

27 points

which leads to a bump to TTE?

Assuming the above is correct, on to the questions...

1. Do I need to count the LSD that came stock on the car?

2. Can I get negative points for being overweight? (I may have an LSD, but also have cruise control, AC, and a bunch of other crap that didn't come on the base model).

And with this, I'm stuck competing against similarly prepped cars with 100 more horsepower (Volvo S60T5, Toyota Supra Turbo)? Or not quite so much power, but with a higher level of modifications (BMW 325/328/330)?

Eeek!

in '97 the torsion diff was available with most miata's. I'm not familar with the M edition, but unless there's something mechanical different, your ok. It's the stock 1.8 liter diff, right?

You're in TTE anyway. With those sticky korean tires you could be just as quick as a spec miata, which is TTD

in '97 the torsion diff was available with most miata's. I'm not familar with the M edition, but unless there's something mechanical different, your ok. It's the stock 1.8 liter diff, right?

You're in TTE anyway. With those sticky korean tires you could be just as quick as a spec miata, which is TTD

I'm "ok", as in I don't need to count the points for the LSD? The M was just a fully loaded Miata. It really only matters because it means I can't remove anything per the S-club Solo stock rules (my primary motorsports pursuit). The torsen LSD was only available with certain option packages, it wasn't standard.

No way will I be as fast as a SM - tires or not. They have stiff springs, rear swaybar, and weigh less. A fresh, shaved to minimum thickness Toyo isn't that far off any of the Kumhos.

"Available" or "optional" parts are all assessed points as if they were aftermarket mods. The base classes take into account just that...the base level of prep. He could, however, put a bad-ass LSD in and not pay anymore points than he already is with the Mazda optional diff.

You're on the right track on how the system works Crack Monkey.

I actually thought that all 1.8 miata with alloy wheels come standard with the torsen. I was on the assumption that a torsen equipted 94-97 miata would not get additional points. Please enlighten me...

I actually thought that all 1.8 miata with alloy wheels come standard with the torsen. I was on the assumption that a torsen equipted 94-97 miata would not get additional points. Please enlighten me...

TT classes are based on the Base level model, no options. in other words if not every miata has it, you pay points if you have it.

hth,

Jason