st4 questions I need help with splitter and tire size.

Chad Aalders

Regarding 6.2.4 3b 

Can the lower splitter flat underbelly tray have naca ducts or ducting from the bottom side of the car up to the brakes for cooling. The 350z usually requires cutting through the rad support to get ducting to the front of the facia and my rad supports keep cracking out and braking. I assume that the reason for the flat underbelly tray is to stop anyone from making strakes or aero bulbs that go lower than the tray. Can I direct air upwards for cooling purposes?  

If a car is over 3000lbs can you run the tire under 266mm and access the +.6 instead of the +.3 running the 266-282mm tire? The way I read the rules it says that would be ok.

2) Size (See 6.5.1 for “NASA Section Width” tire measurement specifications) i) Vehicles with a Minimum Competition Weight greater than 3000 lbs. Must have a measured tire NASA Section Width equal to or less than 282mm.

(so i assume if I am running a tire that fits inside the 266mm template, even if I am over 3100lbs, I can take the +.6) i.e a hoosier 255mm tire. 

• National Staff

Hi Chad,

There is no provision in the rules to permit NACA ducts through the underbelly tray.

Yes, there is no requirement for a car over 3000 lbs to run a 266-282 tire.  If you have a tire that fits the 266 tool, you can get the +0.6 Mod Factor.

Thanks,

Greg G.