Feedback on tire usage (40TW vs 1.6 and 1.0)

NorcalTT

Curious what others across the regions are seeing with regards to the 1.0 and 1.6 modifiers and if people have had success with some of the other options available in the 100 or 200tw categories?

From a cost perspective (initial price, longevity/heat cycles, tire mounting) it would seem to make sense to use the other other options available in 1.0 and 1.6, but I am curious as to what has been the actual case?  It may be that not enough people have tried the other options, or optimized their setup for a different tire, but especially with the rising costs of well, everything, it would seem to make sense that more people would move towards a 100 or 200 tire?

Or, at least in ST4 and ST5, is it the case that you still need to run a 40tw tire to be competitive irrespective of HP advantages? 

Or, have some of the folks who might try a 200 TW tire moved to a different series (endurance, gridlife or otherwise?) 

From what I've experienced over the last year (TT5/ST5) is the two most competitive tires are the Hoosier R7 & Toyo RR. If you build to the limit of you class, for either tire, you can be competitive. Results may vary based on whether the track/conditions favor power or handling. R7 favoring the handling venues and RR favoring the power venues.

How you choose to build your car may depend on whether or not you can minimize your weight/power ratio to make the RR numbers work or not. I run R7's because I can't cheaply add more power or reduce weight enough with the power I have. You have to play with the calculator and see what works for your car/budget/mods.