TTR requirements

commotoed

I have been TT'ing for the last 2 years with my Porsche. I recently purchased a CSR, What are the "Specific" rules reguarding the cars safety equiptment and my own protection in TTR?

Obviously Safety gear is always a Plus but what is Required. eh

The basic rules are fairly light so you should be fine.

We don't req cages or rear roll bars so good helmet is all you really need.

My personal advice is never go to light on safety.

• National Staff
I have been TT'ing for the last 2 years with my Porsche. I recently purchased a CSR, What are the "Specific" rules reguarding the cars safety equiptment and my own protection in TTR?

Obviously Safety gear is always a Plus but what is Required. eh

The TT rules follow the HPDE safety rules (CCR section 11), which require rollover protection in all convertibles and open vehicles such as a C-Sports Racer. Once a car starts using "racing-type" safety equipment, whether it is just a seat and harnesses or a full cage, most of the requirements for those items then revert to the Competition Racing safety rules (CCR section 15). There are a few exceptions to this generalization, like the allowance of DOT approved 4-pt harnesses in an HPDE/TT vehicle, but the requirement for 5-7 point harnesses in a competition race vehicle. You really need to read those two sections of the NASA CCR to make sure that your car is compliant, since it is not a simple production vehicle. However, what Chris says is correct about a non-modified production vehicle that has standard three point seatbelts. If the car is in good working order (brakes, bearings, no leaks, etc), then all you would need is a helmet.

Thanks for the feedback, The car was a Campaigned racecar and is equipt with rollbar, fire system rear brake light 6 point harness & arm restraints and I have found a very nice drivers suit (fire resistant) but still hope (for the time being) to use my Arai Snell M2000 helmet and NON fire retardant gloves & shoes?

Yes this is me ed, sorry will not be ready for mid-o (Can't run slicks anyway). seeya soon!