Wanted--open two-car trailers to rent for the Championships

Greg G.

• National Staff

Hi,

I'm looking into finding the cheapest ways for our Time Trial and PT drivers to get to Mid-Ohio from the West Coast. I think that if there are two (or three) car open trailers that are available (for cheap rental, or exchange for new tires and spares, etc) from some of our racecar drivers/owners on the West Coast that are not going to make the trek, this may be our best plan. We do have a bunch of diesel tow vehicles that can do the job. Please e-mail me if you think you may be able to help us out. [email protected]

• 1 month later...
  • National Staff

Come on guys, aren't there any open two-car trailers out there that won't be in use that week?

• Members

In addition, I can temporatily trade my single car trailer for the time of the event if this helps the cause. Otherwise im towing my car there myself. (Major $$$ at the current gas prices, WOW, dont see it happening.)

I believe that Shawn Sampson (Sampson Communications) has a two car trailer that he may rent. call him at 805-896-2207

These guys are great! I just delt with them on getting a radio reprogrammed. Very responsive and great to work with!

• National Staff

It would for me, because I have an F250 S.D., so I'm limited to about 11.5K lbs. Also, open trailers would be easier to deal with if there was any problems with it enroute, and less likely to get stolen, and less costly to fix/replace/etc. if there were any "problems".

It would for me, because I have an F250 S.D., so I'm limited to about 11.5K lbs. Also, open trailers would be easier to deal with if there was any problems with it enroute, and less likely to get stolen, and less costly to fix/replace/etc. if there were any "problems".

Do you plan on marathon driving? Oh yeah, I forgot it was you...

and don't forget gas mileage...I have a 20' enclosed I pull w/ my expedition and I get about 8mpg while my buddy w/ his 18' open gets 14ish.